What's new

Game systems clearence at Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
My local BB manager gave me a heads up this week that Blockbuster Corporate had sent word to all stores that they are to discontinue the renting of game systems. All rental systems are to be clearanced out of the store.

XBOX $120
PS2 $120
Gamecube $99

I picked up a xbox this morning and waiting for a Gamecube to come from rental. :D

Of course all systems come with the 30 day money back guarantee.;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ooh that XBox is tempting! But I'd be nervous buying a system from BB with only a 30-day warranty. God only knows how it's been treated!

Good luck with the ones you got!

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Me too. I've babied my Xbox and PS2 since launch and they're both showing signs of dying. I shudder to think of the reliability of a system messed with by countless people, considering how beat up blockbuster's ex rental games are.

I'm not sure if the price is rock bottom enough to mitigate the risk in this situation. You could probably get close to that good of a deal on a new system by shopping around. IE- I've seen Bestbuy giving away $30 giftcards along with the Xbox during sales, which combined with the 2 free games, puts the price in the $120 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks