1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Game squeezed on sides

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_Graham, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Kevin_Graham

Kevin_Graham Stunt Coordinator

My kids started playing Starcraft last night and noticed that the game was squeezed together by an inch on each side of my screen. It seems strange since all of the windows applications fill the full screen. How do I adjust this?

Windows XP

GeForce3 TI 200

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Not sure, it could have to do with the native resolution of your computer and the resolution of Starcraft. I always try to play my games in the same resolution as my desktop; which by the way is 1152X864x32 (or something like that).

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

how did you end up with such a weird resolution?

ps. find out what resolution starcraft is playing in definitely. i know that i tend to have to adjust my screen geometry if i switch resolutions...

4. Kevin_Graham

In the past I've never had to adjust the screen geometry for games. I have my display set to 1024 x 768. Nothing unusual.

5. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

you might want to just poke around the options of starcraft. ive never played it so i wouldnt know exactly what to look for, but anything relating to screen resolution and things of that nature couldnt hurt, as long as you remember what they defaulted to...

6. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

Starcraft is a pretty old game. I'd guess that it runs at 640x480 or at most 800x600. I haven't played the game in a while so I can't say for sure. Boy that is a fun game. Playing with other people on a LAN is a lot of fun. Teaming up with other people is sometimes the only way to beat the computer opponents.

7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    StarCraft and StarCraft: Broodwar run at 640x480; some monitors have different (physical) screen settings for different resolutions. You just need to adjust your monitor's controls to get the screen sized properly. However, if your monitor doesn't "remember" the settings for each resolution, you'll have to adjust it again when using your normal Windows desktop settings.

8. Kevin_Graham

I just had to adjust the controls on the monitor for the lower resolution. I was pleasantly surprised when I toggled back to Windows that it retained the settings for that resolution as well. Cool!

9. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

its always a welcome suprise when technology works as it should [​IMG]