What's new

Game Room HT (1 Viewer)

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Here is my Home Theater,

We just bought the house a few months ago, and first things first, built the Home Theater in about 8 weekends. It is comprised of a Sanyo PLV-Z1, 7.2 Klipsch RF3 setup and DIY 4' X 8' screen. I had to build the rear walls and add a bumpout to cover the 2 large picture windows where the screen is now located. I am in the process of adding the crown molding right now, but will do the lower half of the room in a lighter shade of gray IS/GOM. Not having built anything at all, I believe it came out quite nice and has built up confidence in doing other handy projects around the house :) I have gotten ALOT of ideas and insperation from you folks, and want to say THANKS!

Click here!

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Ace,

It is a DIY blackout screen stretched over 1X4' fir. First off I stapled velveteen over the frame and my wife and I stretched the screen. It was actually really easy and took just a couple hours. I mounted two 2X4s horozintally on the wall and nailed the frame to the 2X4s. I then cut scraps of velveteen in small circles to cover the nail heads. Worked very well.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Your room turned out very well. It looks very comfortable and elegant, I like it. What's the rooms dimensions?

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks LaMarcus,

Its approximately 19' X 17'

I like your theater as well!!! I have visited your page a few times :)

JohnGil

Stunt Coordinator
I must say you did a great job. Your rome is very clean looking and you did it in 8 weekends. Im just starting to convert my old detached concrete block garage into a theater room. Reading your post helps me to think it wont take too long to do it at all.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice room, very clean looking.

I have a question, do you not find the ceiling a little distracting being so white? Does it not reflect some of the light that come out of your projector?

Stephane
Ottawa

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks all,

Will have some updated pictures this weekend. Attached the crown molding and did some lite trim work.

Steph:

A little, not too much, but enough that I am going to paint it a lighter gray sometime in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks