Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin

Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season Blu-ray Review

GOT6-1024x576.jpg

The sixth season of HBO’s popular series Game of Thrones answers and resolves a number of questions viewers were left with at the end of season five. The season also has some surprising guest cameos and the return of some characters thought long forgotten.

[review]
Read more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm really looking forward to seeing this, I don't get it on TV & have stayed away from spoilers, if I can't fit it in before Christmas it'll be a good way to start the new year (I'll start off with the last two eps. of season 5). A word of warning, don't buy the steelbook, if you thought the normal packaging was disappointing, just as well you didn't get the steel. Two discs to a hub, which is fine, but you can't get them out! You don't really want to see your disc bending right over before they finally come free, I got two off, but didn't chance it with the second two & so cut the (very hard) hub, & re-boxed the discs. I intend buying a complete set once it's all over (I'm missing the first three seasons as they've been lent out).

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Thanks for explaining why I can't get at the commentaries without using the 'audio' button on my remote - the 'play with commentary' on-screen option does not work for my Sony..

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Three episodes to go & I'm loving it, my only complaint is that I look at an episode & then look at it again listening to the commentary (well I zip through some of it) & in episode seven they dropped a major plot spoiler, this has happened once before, maybe I should look at the whole season & then hear the commentaries.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm rewatching this ahead of the Season 7 premiere on Sunday. More than any other show, the difference between the heavily compressed 1080i broadcasts/1080p streams and the high-bitrate Blu-Rays really stands out. It's like a whole different experience on Blu-Ray.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^ I've had the same thought about many of the blu-rays I watch. GoT is definitely one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks