What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner and HBO bring the complete series of Game of Thrones to UHD Blu-ray with additional extras and shelf-friendly packaging.

Game of Thrones (2011–)

Released: 17 Apr 2011
Rated: TV-MA
Runtime: 56 min

Director: N/A
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

Cast: Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington
Writer(s): David Benioff, D.B. Weiss

Plot: While a civil war brews between several noble families in Westeros, the children of the former rulers of the land attempt to rise up to power. Meanwhile a forgotten race, bent on destruction, return after thousands of years in the North.

IMDB rating: 9.5
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: HBO
Distributed By: Warner Brothers
Video...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review as it helped convinced me about whether I should purchase this 4K box set. I don't have any Game of Thrones seasons on Blu-ray, 4K or digitally so I bought this 4K box set as indicated by the following post made in another thread.

"I finally bought this 4K disc box for $118.42 plus tax which is quite a bit cheaper than the $255 MSRP. A surprise purchase because I was able to purchase it on Gruv's site using the SIGNUP20 coupon to get 20% off their $148.02 pricing. Several Warner titles are now being sold on Gruv. including the "Singin' in the Rain" 4K disc that you can purchase for $19.99 using that same 20% coupon."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review as it helped convinced me about whether I should purchase this 4K box set. I don't have any Game of Thrones seasons on Blu-ray, 4K or digitally so I bought this 4K box set as indicated by the following post made in another thread.

"I finally bought this 4K disc box for $118.42 plus tax which is quite a bit cheaper than the $255 MSRP. A surprise purchase because I was able to purchase it on Gruv's site using the SIGNUP20 coupon to get 20% off their $148.02 pricing. Several Warner titles are now being sold on Gruv. including the "Singin' in the Rain" 4K disc that you can purchase for $19.99 using that same 20% coupon."
Amazon is now selling this 4K disc box for $99.99!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The $100 price is good for today, 8/22/2022 only.

GRUV price today is $124.64. With 20% off it comes to $99.72 so they are matching Amazon.

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
I purchased this set during Amazon's Prime Day. I had to return the set due to issues with freezing/glitching on several discs. There are Amazon reviews that warn of quality problems with the set.

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I purchased this set during Amazon's Prime Day. I had to return the set due to issues with freezing/glitching on several discs. There are Amazon reviews that warn of quality problems with the set.
I bought it on Prime Day also, just knowing the price would drop as soon as I did 😬
I also found issues on a few disks but Amazon sent a replacement set that fortunately did not have issues on those disks.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

I didn't have any problems. I bought the set (the Best Buy SteelBook set) when it first came out. Perhaps the freezing/glitching is with more recent pressings? I know that I've had that problem with a couple of recent 4K disc (Singin' in the Rain, and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks