What's new

Game of Thrones Season 8 (2019) (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
So... on another dragon sidebar...

As an undead dragon Viserion had blue flame. During "The Long Night" he has Jon pinned down with flame. Jon's behind some fallen stones and the flame is dancing around but not penetrating the stone nor hurting Jon. At King's Landing, Drogon's flame is nuclear, causing explosions when it hits stone walls, wooden ships, basically any solid structure. Shouldn't Viderion's flame behaved similarly? Had the time frame between the two episodes been greater I'd chalk it up to Drogon growing more and attributing the change in behavior of the flame to that growth. At this point I'm content with it being a difference between a undead and living dragon with the undead dragon not having as much power. I like that better than saying "lazy/poor writing" again...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Of all the conversations to be had discussing the outcome of the series and opinions, good or bad, these are not the debates I would be expecting to go on and on. It's dragons, folks, move on. But I'm just happy to once again see a series provoking water cooler discussions again, whether pro or con, and not just whether the elevator was repaired.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did find it bemusing that endless fire breath was "bothersome", but raising the dead and having them fight without getting tired or needing food or water was accepted without question.
I think you're overstating how much people were actually bother by endless fire. I just think it was something that someone wonder about and wasn't meant to occupy the discussion in this thread for the last couple of days. Lets move on without any further snarky or trolling posts from anyone as the final series outcome will be controversial enough for all of us to debate starting on Sunday night. Thank you.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I think you're overstating how much people were actually bother by endless fire. I just think it was something that someone wonder about and wasn't meant to occupy the discussion in this thread for the last couple of days. Lets move on without any further snarky or trolling posts from anyone as the final series outcome will be controversial enough for all of us to debate starting on Sunday night. Thank you.

I never used the phrase "greatly bothered", so I think you're overstating what I said.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That petition to remake S8 has almost 900,000 signatures...

I just don't get it... my biggest beef with S7 & S8 is we're essentially getting the Reader's Digest Condensed Edition versions. Even then it's been an overall fun ride.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, what are your predictions for tomorrow night? Personally I have no idea. I have avoided the supposedly leaked material. So please only your own guesses not based on leaked material.

The only guess I can make is that Tyrion will stay alive for sure. And probably goes on the Iron Throne if they want to surprise people.

Last edited:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have not read any of the books or the "leaks" so this is just my opinion:

I think there is a reason the story is Game of Thrones (plural). I think they will go back to the 7 individual Kingdoms under their own rulers. Jon will be King of the North, etc...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think there is no way Jon becomes any King. He's not happy holding such a title. I do believe he goes back to the North though beyond Winterfell.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So, what are your predictions for tomorrow night? Personally I have no idea. I have avoided the supposedly leaked material. So please only your own guesses not based on leaked material.

The only guess I can make is that Tyrion will stay alive for sure. And probably goes on the Iron Throne if they want to surprise people.
I agree.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think the only way Daenerys's eight-episode arc comes to a satisfying conclusion is if she succeeds in breaking the wheel that her family put into place when the Targaryens united the Seven Kingdoms.

But after the massacre she unleashed on King's Landing, there's no way she ends this sitting on a Westerosi throne (Iron or otherwise).

Beyond that, who knows?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If you can't wait to see Sunday's episode, the entire plot has leaked

CLICK HERE

Just putting it out there for tempting eyes.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ron there are a lot of names rigt there in the link.

Wish you didnt post that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron there are a lot of names rigt there in the link.

Wish you didnt post that.

I hid the link but those names didn't necessarily mean anything. It just means that we find out what happens to each one of those characters. I know, because I was tempted to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks