Game of Thrones Season 8 (2019)

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
There is no way no one saw it. Forget the post production, color timing and all that. We could say someone missed it on a 2D TV image. But there is no way that no one in person on the set did not see it. It is not possible to have a cup on the table that close and not see it. The first person, Emilia Clarke should have seen it. Especially that the table is relatively empty.
I said it earlier but I think people saw it and they left it assuming no one beyond sharp eyed fans would notice or care. I guess they didn't realize that the world is such a Shangri-La that people have nothing more to worry about than a cup seen for a few seconds on a TV show. :)

Reactions: Tino

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
This article sums up my feelings about these last 2 seasons quite nicely:

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-t...794/game-of-thrones-ending-too-quickly-pacing
This article sums up my thoughts on the rush to the finale, too. While I’m more forgiving of this season than most, I agree it’s not working too well. But I get why they may have felt trapped into this approach.

What has always made this show special is its deliberate pacing, and I think they realized that to “wholeheartedly” wrap up all the narrative threads, it would most likely be at least another season, and/or they’d need to leave a lot of narrative threads hanging regardless.

Based on the showrunners’ comments, it seems like they’re burned out and want to stop. That’s fair enough, but I think they’ve painted themselves into a corner. Rather than leave narrative threads hanging at the end, they’ve made the decision to strip them out BEFORE the finale—I’d argue they started taking shortcuts before this season—so you get more of a single period instead of an ellipsis.

I’ve read in more than one place people referring to “cokehead Euron.” That moniker is almost enough to make me forget what an uninteresting character he is, and how the “gleeful sadist needs comeuppance” trope feels tired now, especially when said gleeful sadist is so two-dimensional.

SamT

Producer
Reaction score
Website
trakt.tv
Real Name
Sam
So what is your prediction for tonight? Who dies? Only tonight. I predict Cersei and Euron Greyjoy die tonight.

And surprisingly of the "good" guys, they will die next week, not tonight!

Walter Kittel

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Pretty sure that Euron is going bye-bye tonight either by Drogon or possibly Yara Greyjoy.

I don't think that Jaime Lannister will survive the series, but it might not happen until the final episode.

One theory on the internet (not about a character death, BTW) that I hope proves to be true is...

Drogon is a female dragon and that in season five when she(?) was noticeably absent from the series, she laid eggs and raised baby dragons. Those babies are going to be grown now and are going to come to the aid of mama in tonight's episode. That would be pretty awesome.

- Walter.

Last edited:

benbess

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben
I think Cersei might survive until the last episode—but I really don't have any idea.

Does the episode drop at 8 EST or 9?

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino
I think Cersei might survive until the last episode—but I really don't have any idea.

Does the episode drop at 8 EST or 9?
9. As always.

Reactions: benbess

Wayne_j

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Wayne
We finally have...
The Mad Queen - Now the question is who kills her? Jon, Arya, Sansa, or Brienne (After Dany executes Jon or Sansa)

Reactions: benbess

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino
That had to be one of the most brutal episodes ever. Certainly the most collateral damage ever depicted in the series. The burnt toy horse. Wow.

And the visual effects were absolutely spectacular even by this shows already high standards.

I actually cried out when The Hound...you know. Fuuuuuuuuuck

Reactions: Joe S and benbess

Tino

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Valentino

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members