What's new

Game of Thrones Season 8 (2019) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This, WILL have a happy ending. I promise you! (I really mean it, it's not sarcasm.)

If they wanted to kill everyone, it would have been better to be by the Night King.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
This show has had healthy doses of fan service all along, building up villains and giving them satisfying ends (Joffrey, Walder Frey, Ramsey, etc). I don't expect the finale to be much different.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
From this article on IGN:

Based on what many of my coworkers and I have said they fully do not understand their audience. Several called the failure to show their response the biggest fail of the episode.

Personally, I never missed it. In fact, I had to read several down in the comments of the IGN article for me to understand what reaction Nutter was referring to. I guess I filled in the blank so well in my imagination that my first reaction was, "Didn't they show their response?" and I had to really remember, "Oh yeah, Jon punted the answer to Bran and then they cut away."

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Personally, I never missed it. In fact, I had to read several down in the comments of the IGN article for me to understand what reaction Nutter was referring to. I guess I filled in the blank so well in my imagination that my first reaction was, "Didn't they show their response?" and I had to really remember, "Oh yeah, Jon punted the answer to Bran and then they cut away."
Exactly!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Sort of figured they did. I just watched this week's episode. Not sure which airing my DVR recorded, but the cup was definitely not there.

This episode was "okay." As others have mentioned, waaaay too much time spent on the Winterfell celebration. This episode, in my opinion, only really accelerated in the final 20 minutes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There is absolutely ZERO chance that Cersei wins.

At the moment I would agree with that. However, it all depends on what kind of ending GOT intends for its viewers.

This is a series known for killing off likable characters and not providing a happy ending.

On the other hand, the cast has come out and said they thought the ending was "satisfying" and I don't think something like that would be said if Cerci took the throne.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Regarding the cup, I deleted my first recording after watching it the first time. I recorded it again early Tuesday morning to watch it again and the cup was definitely still there as I played back that particular scene a couple of times just to see that cup. They must have removed the cup after my second recording.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I like the episodes this season, but they don't feel like movies. Some of the drinking stuff got tedious imho. I'm guessing that....

Jaimie kills Cersei in the last episode. I assume Daenerys will kill Varys in the next episode when she finds out he's not loyal. Perhaps Dany will be dragonless at the end, and bereft before she dies. Possible survivors at the very end: Sansa, Arya, Samwell, and John Snow. I'm guessing/hoping for more than one on the iron throne, sharing?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I never thought of there being some sort of clear cut “winner” of the Throne. And even if there was, that just opens up the question of , “Okay, but how long do they have it and what comes next?” My personal theory I’ve held for a while now is
Nobody “wins” the throne and the “wheel is destroyed” as mentioned by someone early in the series. I sense huge shift in social structure for the (remainder of) the seven realms at the end of the final episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks