What's new

Game of Thrones Season 8 (2019) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You think they are going to give two kills to Arya? She already got hers.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
You think they are going to give two kills to Arya? She already got hers.
I don’t really think they will give her another big kill, but whoever kills Cersi I just cannot wait to see it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd like it to be Tyrion. Cersei has hated Tyrion his entire life and tried to kill him multiple times. I'd love to see him take her down in spectacular fashion.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Watch this at 4:08

That's funny how they say Jaime loves Brienne but suddenly goes back to Cersei. Misdirection?

Please tell me what happened in the episode that made Jaime go back to Cersei? I didn't quite get it. He heard that she did something... what?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My vote is Jaime kills Cersei. Tyrion on the Iron Throne at the end of it all.
I could live with that, since I think Tyrion would be a decent King. But I'm not sure any scenario that ends with a Lannister on the Iron Throne would sit well with many GOT fans.

I'm thinking one of the Starks, since that's where we first started the journey.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Watch this at 4:08

That's funny how they say Jaime loves Brienne but suddenly goes back to Cersei. Misdirection?

Please tell me what happened in the episode that made Jaime go back to Cersei? I didn't quite get it. He heard that she did something... what?

He's told that Euron ambushed the fleet, captured Missandei, and Cersei ultimately had her executed. The assumption is Dany will unleash hell on King's Landing as a result, so the assumption is Jamie is going to try to stop it or protect Cersei.

BUT, the last thing he tells Brienne is that he's not a good man, but that he's hateful (like his sister). I don't think that means he's going to protect her, or at least it leaves it open to interpretation.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Missandei is executed by Cersei after Jamie leaves. So he didn't hear her execution.

Danny Burk

Second Unit
OK, I'll play......

The Hound kills the Mountain in Cleganebowl. Arya takes his face, then dispatches Cersei. Makes sense since the Mountain is one of the few who can approach Cersei.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
From this article on IGN:
In a ... telephone interview with IGN, "The Last of the Starks" director David Nutter explained why the episode didn't show Sansa and Arya's reaction.

"I think that David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] know very well that you don’t need to repeat what’s been said once, you want the audience to take it themselves and let the audience have an interpretation and then find out if your interpretation is correct," Nutter said. "So that’s, I think, a better way to tell a story where you’re not force-feeding the audience information they already know."

Nutter added that the audience knows that "[Arya and Sansa's] reaction will be less than stellar, but it’s more interesting not to say it and it will obviously then help provide more suspense in the story being told."
Based on what many of my coworkers and I have said they fully do not understand their audience. Several called the failure to show their response the biggest fail of the episode.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’m very eager to see under the Mountain’s mask. You know he’s gotta look like Jason fucking Voorhees under there!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Has anyone actually considered that Cersei may win?

How crazy would that be??

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If-you-think-this-has-a-happy-ending-you-havent-been-paying-attention.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Has anyone actually considered that Cersei may win?

How crazy would that be??
I'd be OK with it for no other reason than it goes against what we've come to expect from the show runners since they ran out of books for inspiration and pretty much went predictable, safe, and cliche', with a strong leaning into fan service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks