What's new

Game of Thrones Season 8 (2019) (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
RE: The coffee cup.

I've not had a chance to go back and look at the actual episode. Has anyone done this to verify it's really there and not just a clever photoshop image?

If it's not a photoshop image then I have lost considerable respect for dozens of people involved in the shooting and posting of this episode. If it's really there how could *someone* not see it? With today's technology it wouldn't be that hard to remove.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It's there. HBO Now screenshot. 17:39 mark.

hbonow.png

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
RE: The coffee cup.

I've not had a chance to go back and look at the actual episode. Has anyone done this to verify it's really there and not just a clever photoshop image?

If it's not a photoshop image then I have lost considerable respect for dozens of people involved in the shooting and posting of this episode. If it's really there how could *someone* not see it? With today's technology it wouldn't be that hard to remove.

Goofs are COMMONPLACE in movies and TV shows. I respect the fact that those who make them are simply human like the rest of us. Hope you didn't lose respect for those who made one of the greatest movies in history:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-hur-bloopers-can-you-784963

Or a well liked TV show:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's one thing if it's something in the background or in the distance that's somewhat out of the control of the crew, but this is right in the middle of the shot, sitting right in front of a major character.

Hard to believe no one picked it up, given all the eyes that are on the footage before it makes it to air.

Lots of free publicity for Starbucks. They must be ecstatic today, getting all this free exposure on one of the biggest shows in the world.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was talking to some people yesterday at a party about the show, and everyone has their own ideas about what will happen, what should happen, what they want to happen. To a person, every one of them described an ending that placed Jon or Dany on the throne, with Cersei's armies defeated. And one thought occurred to me, and I told them, "You know this isn't a show that's known for its happy endings, right?"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was talking to some people yesterday at a party about the show, and everyone has their own ideas about what will happen, what should happen, what they want to happen. To a person, every one of them described an ending that placed Jon or Dany on the throne, with Cersei's armies defeated. And one thought occurred to me, and I told them, "You know this isn't a show that's known for its happy endings, right?"
I'll be surprise if Jon or Dany survive to the end.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'll be surprise if Jon or Dany survive to the end.

I have believed since at least last season the Dany and all three dragons will die. I think Dany and Drogon will save the day in a desperate battle and perish in a kamikaze-type attack like the one they almost did last night against Euron. I don't see how Jon can die after already being brought back to life.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be Greyworm counseled by Varys who will win the throne, thereby ushering the Golden Age of Peace under the Nutless Rulers! :rolling-smiley:

On a serious note, I'm glad they have thrown everything up in the air now. A few episodes ago I'd have had my money on Dany and some of the mystery was taken out of the ending for me. Well, I'm right back into the mystery and intrigue now, as once again they've proven that no one is guaranteed to make it to the end. Could they top the Red Wedding in shock value? We'll find out in two weeks...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Here I am discussing dragon strategy. Sigh. Beats calibration arguments. But in the last episode didn't we see dragons dive-bombing straight down? Why can't Dany do that right at Cersei's palace before the big crossbows get turned around? (And likewise with the fleet)

And, as far as predictions go. I was wrong about Night King going to King's Landing while wights attack Winterfell (though, I think that would have been a more surprising turn of events, and withheld the destruction of Night King for finale at Kings Landing). I'm on board with Jaime killing Cersei. Dany basically going mad (like dad) and being killed by her love, Jon Snow. And Snow abdicating rule to Sansa... and Tyrion. Yeah, that's the ticket. But I hope for surprises, as well.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Here I am discussing dragon strategy. Sigh. Beats calibration arguments. But in the last episode didn't we see dragons dive-bombing straight down? Why can't Dany do that right at Cersei's palace before the big crossbows get turned around? (And likewise with the fleet)

And, as far as predictions go. I was wrong about Night King going to King's Landing while wights attack Winterfell (though, I think that would have been a more surprising turn of events, and withheld the destruction of Night King for finale at Kings Landing). I'm on board with Jaime killing Cersei. Dany basically going mad (like dad) and being killed by her love, Jon Snow. And Snow abdicating rule to Sansa... and Tyrion. Yeah, that's the ticket. But I hope for surprises, as well.
I definitely like that idea, but I fear for Sansa. I don’t know how but I feel her breaking her word is not going to be good for her.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Enjoyed this episode. The best and funniest line was:

- We still have to take King's Landing.
Maybe Cersei will win and kill us all.
That would solve our problems.

Unlike the last episode, I enjoyed this episode a lot. There were somethings throughout but not to the amount that would make the suspension of disbelief too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks