What's new

game consoles in a big screen (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
Circuit City told me when I bought my bigscreen that i shouldnt plug gaming consoles in because it would ruin the screen. My friend talked to Toshiba and they told him that it was the same as plugging in a DVD player. Anyone had any good/bad with gaming consoles in big screen?

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I think if you leave the game on pause for a long time it can cause damage. Other than that, I have never seen a console mess up a TV.

AbelM

Second Unit
I am with Michael Cook on this. Because there was this rumor about the XBOX and PS2 being able to damage the Big Screen TV's, yet the conclusion to taht rumor was if you left your game on paused for an exceeding amount of time. :)

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
And I think it takes an awful long time too. If you left your game on pause for 3 days, it might mess it up.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Be careful of playing games with static backgrounds that do not change like a health meter or ammo counter etc...

Over time (many, many hours of consistent gameplay) they can cause burn in.

Mike

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
Also, make sure that your contrast is turned down big time (it should be already), otherwise it could happen much faster then you expect.

Work mate bought an X-Box and played it for approx. 45 hrs on his Toshiba 65H80. Was playing Halo? and had the screen divided into 4 separate screens (4 player mode) and now has a big cross burned into his screen where the screen border lines fell. Says he had the contrast down to 30. He moved the x-box to a tube tv and hasn't played it since.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
I play my X BOX on various monitors in my home, and have not had a problem as of yet. However, I do not spend hours at a time with it.
1.) 35" RCA TV
2.) 65" Hitachi RPTV
3.) Sony 10HT LCD projector and a 165" screen.
The owners manual does say NOT to utilize the XBOX console on RPTV or FPTV due to possible damage.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks