What's new

Game (3 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
ROclockCK said:
As much as I want John's choice to be correct, if this release marks the first appearance in TT's collection by the Composer, then it can't be The Long Hot Summer, which was scored by the multi-entry Alex North (Bite the Bullet, Désirée, The Sound and the Fury, and Pony Soldier). If my guess is correct, this would mark the first appearance by composer Cyril J. Mockridge in TT's collection.

Not sure I can fit the rest of the clues, although Leo McCarey wrote and directed the other Woodward/Newman co-starrer from '58, just as Brooks did for many - if not most - of his films.

I'm guessing: Rally 'Round the Flag Boys from Fox.
Again an excellent suggestion. Newman, Woodward, Fox, a new composer. With regret, this isn't the title Rock.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
JohnMor said:
I don't recall reading in the rules that that was allowed. ;)
Sorry John, life intervened as it sometimes can. I checked all your answers using my phone but hate typing on the blasted thing. Anyway on with the show.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Noach Kowalski said:
Is it One, Two, Three?
Who wouldn't want a little Wilder? The "two" is not from this Billy classic. "Nobody's perfect!"

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Neil Middlemiss said:
My random guess for the day, Sweet Bird of Youth (1962). It's MGM, written by Richard Brooks (who was a director too), Geraldine Page plays Alexandra De Lago which sounds Italian to my ears.
This is and appears outright as the obvious choice. Do keep remembering the latter portion of Clue #1. There is more there than the Germans. That said, this uses an altogether different take on "two". Think about it. As for the film, no Neil. My regrets.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
schan1269 said:
Lord Jim

Lavi is Israeli, but appeared in how many Italian movies?
The rest of the clues are reaches(like my GI ration spaghetti sauce)
Lord Jim (1965) is a big unknown. Elements, condition, I do long to see it. The wait may take forever. Again, no deal.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
seangood79 said:
That first clue, talk of Joanne Woodward had me thinking of multiple personalities, but since Three Faces of Eve has just been released, I'll take a wild stab for Sybil. Unseen by me, I can only speculate as to how it fits in with the clues. It features Woodward, and scored by Oscar Winner Leonard Rosenman, I don't believe he has any other TT credits.
Yeah, it's a TV movie, but a well regarded one, is it beneath Twilight Time to release it? According to IMDB, MGM/UA holds the video rights.
Sybil (1976) is a no.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
lawrencews said:
Is it Paris Blues?

Duke Ellington is the composer. Should be new to TT.

Co-stars Joanne Woodward. The tie-in to The Fugitive Kind.

Paul Newman is the Method Actor and the spagetti sauce.

Richard Brooks directed "TWO"----Sydney Potier in The Blackboard Jungle and Newman in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Also: Paris Blues was a UA release.
This is the guess of the day and a holy grail to Duke Ellington fans. With hesitation, I say no.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Aaron Silverman said:
Could it be The Brothers Karamazov (1958)?
"Please sir, can I have another?" My Brooks clue was a commonality not a direct link to the man as THE director. But since you have most the films listed, what "two" stand out? What do they have in common? If anything. Like the others, The Brothers Karamazov (1958) is a no.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
JoHud said:
Okay, there's one for today: The Defiant Ones

Clue 1: "The Fugitive Kind"
Clue 2: Sydney Poitier sings unassisted, "walking the line" referring to the character's feelings toward the other
Clue 3: Richard Brooks directed Sydney Poitier "too" in two films.
You have much of it laid out. Tweak it and bring it back around. As for this most classic of pairings, I shake my head yet again.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Hasslein said:
I'm going to build on that, Bibi Andersson was in Quintet with Paul Newman,and with Poitier in my guess-

Duel At Diablo (1965)
A wise and sound pick Hasslein. A no once more. All these no answers may kill me.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Okay.Clue #1: The Method, an Italian muse, Spaghetti sauce, it all comes out in the wash.

Clue #2: Poor Marni Nixon… he “walked the line.”

Clue #3: Richard Brooks directed “too.”

Clue #4: Franciosa, Forsythe, Parks. Who’s on first? Or is it second?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
The question chosen was asked by seangood79.
seangood79 said:
Can this film be seen as a star making role for an actor or director?
Stardom preceded most everyone in the film. Now the director was fresh off his signature turn.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Here are yesterday’s unanswered questions. Feel free to ask again.

sleroi:

“Does the story take place outside of the United States?”

Steve…O:“Disappointed that this isn't Long Hot Summer which would be a great TT title.

Today's question: Exclusive of food endorsements, did any of the principal performers find substantial success outside of acting?”

SWIFF:“What's the movie rated?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks