What's new

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
schan1269 said:
Oh, God...

Don't let it be Six Days, Seven Nights.
Schan. It is not Six Days, Seven Nights (1998). That I can guarantee.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Hasslein said:
I'm guessing that the lead won the award for this role, based on this response. I don't know how it fits in with the clues, but I'm going to guess Marty.
Sorry for missing this. No. It is not Marty (1955).

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
ROclockCK said:
When I left for work this morning, I was semi-convinced it was Centennial Summer (1946). After today's clues, not so much...but that will be my guess anyway.
A wonderful thought. Preminger, the 19th century, this is Fox. Sadly no.
ROclockCK said:
Question about game process: "After this round Bruce, will you, or the HTF, be offering intervention therapy and/or drugs to scrub Joe Eszterhas from our collective consciousness?" :blink:
ROclockCK, please forgive me.

He’s the second of two. Hence “comes again.” The one problem with the clue is direction. However think of what many film titles try with a sequel? Dr. Phibes Rises Again! (1972), Batman Returns (1992), Andy Hardy Comes Home (1958). It is a play on titles. There is some fact that Joe and some mystery person share. I can’t say more without giving you the game.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Neil Middlemiss said:
My Guess - Legal Eagles. I have no idea why!
A Reitman film remade parts of the film in question. It is a clue not the film itself.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Tim Conway and Don Knotts starred in the private eyes (released by new world), Eszterhas looks like he's enjoyed a few dumplings in his life, and the plot revolves around idiots enlisting in the army in a non-modern period ( a la stripes), so... The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides AGAIN. I know, its disney, but im running out of ideas.

lawrencews

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry S.
OK...the lead actor has won an oscar and has been nominated for an oscar, presumably for the role in the movie we are trying to guess.

Based on that criteria alone, I arbitrarily checked all the Best Actor nominees from 1950-1981. The movie also needs to be either a Fox, Columbia or UA title and isn't already available on/announced for Blu-ray. Based on that criteria for the years I checked, I came up with the following titles:

The Man with the Golden Gun
Elmer Gantry
Inherit the Wind
Judgement at Nuremberg
Birdman of Alcatraz
Sleuth
Lenny
The Sunshine Boys
Coming Home
The China Syndrome

The original theatrical poster for Sleuth has a Fox logo on it. I have no idea who might have the blu-ray rights to the film, although I own the Anchor Bay DVD. China Syndrome is Columbia, the rest are UA titles. I didn't think to check supporting actor or director winners.

I know this violates the rules of the game, but, after 5 days, I hope the following question is acceptable:

Is it one the the titles I listed above?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
lawrencews said:
OK...the lead actor has won an oscar and has been nominated for an oscar, presumably for the role in the movie we are trying to guess.

I know this violates the rules of the game, but, after 5 days, I hope the following question is acceptable:

Is it one the the titles I listed above?

Edit: I deleted a crap ton of the body...for when this is properly deleted it stays deleted
Wow dude...your very first post on the forum is all that? Really?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Lawrence welcome to HTF.

I know its been five days but until someone says the rules can be relaxed we still need to go by those rules.
Althoiugh I would love the original Slueth.

Also other then Coming Home I don't see any connection to the previous clues.

I think that Joe Eszterhas clue is not to be taken literally but just as a comparison to the way the title of the movie we are looking for is titled.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
The China Syndrome is with Image. Sleuth is with independent company and The Man with the Golden Gun is in the PD .Lenny, Judgment, Inherit the Wind and Birdman would be a very welcome addition to TT collection.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
sleroi said:
Tim Conway and Don Knotts starred in the private eyes (released by new world), Eszterhas looks like he's enjoyed a few dumplings in his life, and the plot revolves around idiots enlisting in the army in a non-modern period ( a la stripes), so... The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides AGAIN. I know, its disney, but im running out of ideas.
You made my day. No this isn't it. But I wish it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks