What's new

Gallo Micro vs. Bose Accustamas (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
haa

direct comparison would be unacceptable by these htf forumers. they have severe allergy to the word "bose".

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like ...

Smells like ....

Feels like ....

Sounds like ....

Good thing you didn't buy it.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I think there are numerous "objective" opinions here about Bose, as many of us have owned Bose products in the past.

BruceD

Screenwriter
Jack,

Gallo are said to be very good sounding speakers, I only listened to them for a short time, they sounded good. I didn't notice which sub they were using with the set.

They will need a subwoofer.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I understand the objections to Bose. I probably should have said a bit more in my original post. I know that Bose is over-priced and, uh, not real good. I have not had a chance to ear the Gallos for any lenght of time and wondered if any of you found them significantly better than Bose, or are they simply another attempt to move in on "Bose territory", i.e., visually unobtrusive, high WAF, sould a secondary consideration, at best.

Thanks, gang.

Jack

BruceD

Screenwriter
Jack,

They have no relationship to BOSE, none, and shouldn't even be compared to that junk.

They are a actually competently designed speakers (unlike BOSE) and worth a listen if they meet your design requirements. They may have some limitations on the room size they will work best in, i.e. they may not work the best in a 30' x '40 room.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
Thanks, BruceD. A friend at work wanted some recommendations fos a system he wants to purchase. I remembered hearing the Gallo speakers about a year and a half ago, but did not remember any earth shaking impressions. I got him some literature on these, which he was quite thrilled to get. I came away hoping that I did the right thing. I had already warned him about Bose and hoped that I was anot suggesting that he investigate something in that same league.

You have put my mind at ease.

Patrick_T

Agent
Given a choice between Bose and Gallo I would definately go Gallo. That being said, I would listen to the new speakers they have, the Due, as it has a dedicated tweeter. The original micro satellites use a single full range driver. As good as it does with a single driver the top end I found to be severely limited. Now, I am young (23) so a slightly older listener might not have minded the top end. Regardless, they are a fine speakers for tight spaces.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
Thomas:

Funny you should mentio tuning your vacuum cleaner to sound better than a Bose Accustacrap system. One of my favorite singers, Captain Beefheart, allegeldy had about 32 tuned vacuum cleaners on stage when he performed. Of course, ther were a lot of wacky rumors about the Captain.

So here I go Off topic on a thread I started.

BTW, Patrick, I'll check out the new Gallo stuff. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks