What's new

GAH!!! I just found out something about the Polk LSI speakers.... (1 Viewer)

Joey_V

Second Unit
GAH!!! I just found out that fry's electronics were selling the $700 LSI-7 for mere peanuts... $200 each pair.

this isnt the sad part, the sad part is that i live in illinois and i just found out that we HAVE a fry's electronics store here!! i thought it was all in the west coast! god!! i am so stupid!

they even had them marked down to $100 a pair last week!!

geez!!

and to think i was tweeter last week ogling at the 700$ price tag.

talk about being a week too late! :angry:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You don't really want to know what they had them marked down to do you? ....it was even less than $99 :eek: (They are $599/pr market, $808/pr MSRP) I went down and got the difference refunded for the three pairs I bought, which was more than the price of one pair of speakers. Almost the best deal I have ever gotten in my life.

David Strand

Agent
I bought some at the $199 price less than a month ago... are you saying that I can go back to Fry's with my receipt and get some MORE money back!?!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Wow. Why? I mean, 50% off and they would be gone in a week, why THAT much?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have no idea why, but I am not complaining. Basically, they WERE gone in about 2 weeks, I haven't seen any more in local stores - I was told by a friend that works there that it was a one time deal between Polk and Fry's.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
i live in buffalo, i see the commercials for frys daily. there isnt one near me. i thought that they were only in Canada, i guess i was wrong.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Used to be a local chain, of just a few stores here in our area, but it seems to be spreading like the flu across the country... :p)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Actually, there are NO Fry's stores in Canada at all. They started in California and are on the west coast along with that massive state Texas and now Chicago.

GregBe

Second Unit
I was just in Fry's today, and they no longer had the refurbs, but had new ones at the originall $700 price. I am not sure about the rest of the country, but the deal is gone in Northern California.

Greg

Joey_V

Second Unit
in downers grove a few miles from schaumburg (correct spelling)... chitown shout out!! :D

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Fry's also has the R20 bookshelves (retail $278 per pair) on sale for $49(!) a pair and the CSi20 for $49 each. These are new, not refurbs. Not the best speakers around but what a deal. Yep, Fry's is the Walmart of electronics. Polk must give them a helluva deal.

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Was told today that they won't refund difference unless they are currently on sale. Oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with 2 pair @ $199 / pr...

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks