Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Little, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

I just picked up Rock N' Roll High School at Best Buy yesterday. Prior to this, I had only seen the video tape I bought at a local mom and pop video rental place used for a buck and a half.
    It retails for $12.99 and my employee discount makes it $10.35!
    Who else has bought this disc? I must say, I like this movie a lot. I was impressed at how much I was truly missing with the crummy VHS I had.
    What do you think?
    _______________Opinions come below________________

2. Doug M

Doug M Auditioning

Loved it! [​IMG]
    I watched Rock n' Roll High School the other night, and hadn't seen it in quite a few years. It's really a pretty nice disc with a few cool extras thrown into the mix. The picture looks excellent (all things considered), and the commentary track is up there with the best! The only downside is some of the audio. It's pretty harsh. During some of the Ramones concert scenes, the high end is a little distorted. I wish they had been able to do more with the concert audio. None the less, I'm very happy with the disc, especially given the price.
    What can I say. I'm a teenage lobotomy! [​IMG]
    Doug
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I've already posted my impressions on a previous thread. I enjoyed it, and so did my 3-year-old (who can now sing the title song when prompted to).
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    Widescreen is Family Fun!
    [​IMG]

4. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I love R&RHS! I would have been very impressed with this DVD release if it weren't for the atrocious audio. Harsh? INDEED! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]
    Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

5. Steve jc

Steve jc Agent

I'm relieved to see others found the audio on R&R High School bothersome. "Harsh" is a very appropriate term for the audio on this release. I get high end "crackle" not only during the music, but dialog as well. Granted, my amplifier is 4 yrs. old, mid-priced Dolby Surround, but i've never heard a worse sounding dvd. This new release is from New Concorde. I believe there were 2 previous dvd releases, does anyone own one of them? Was this harshness present? The sound is almost unbearable. Do you think it was MEANT to sound this way, or could a mistake have been made?

6. Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard Supporting Actor

Being a fan of this film I was disgusted at this release.
    The audio (distorted, crackled, harsh) and video (terrible noise, hues off to name a few) are horrible.
    I know that the original production was shot on a tight, tight budget but I know they could have done better.
    That being said the extras are good.
    [Edited last by Chris Maynard on September 14, 2001 at 06:32 PM]

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I have the Slingshot disc which is adequate; this ain't ever gonna sound like "Rolling Stones Live At The Max", folks.