What's new

G.I.Joe Season One on 10/28? (2 Viewers)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Season One Part One hasn't been announced yet, but QKTheatre.com has news on the release date for Season One Part Two:

VHS & DVD: According to GameStop.com the G.I.Joe: Season I - Part II DVD box set ($49.99) will be released on April 27, 2004.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
You're welcome David, with all of the date switching we've had so far (without any official announcements though), hopefully 1/27 and 4/27 are the real dates for Season One!

I think it may also be time to ask an admin to take the 10/28 part out the title of this thread and just call it G.I.Joe Season One. :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
More on Season One Part One, including an episode and disc count, and a promotionial artwork link, which may wind up being the cover art. From QKTheatre.com:

VHS & DVD: According to GameStop.com the G.I.Joe: Season I - Part I DVD box set will include 27 episodes on four DVDs, interviews with writer Christy Marx and voice director Wally Burr plus a collectable animation cel. The site also added promotional artwork for the box set.

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
blah! i dont see why they have to release seasons in parts anyway! i mean its season 1 just release the damned season! instead of putting ppl thru this crap!

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
While i am happy this is coming out I have to agree i HATE seasons being broken up by Rhino. They have done it with transformers and it sucks, but i guess it means more release and more money....

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Well, traditionally, the studio order for a first run animated series was 65 episodes. You must admit that is a lot of episodes in just one set - the price would be about $100 street. Only the hardcore fan would pay that... Rhino knows its far easier to get both hardcore and casual consumers to pick up the series if it's broken up into 2 manageable and affordable sets.

I'm looking forward to both sets with gleeful anticipation. Yo Joe!

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
the only thing i seee diff sets for is for different seasons! not for half seasons and then going about making people wait! they couldve easily done season1 and then season 2 instead of this rubbish! the casual buyer wouldve brought it anyway if they want it so there is no need to do any stupid part 1 and part 2! theres no real point! if theres gonna be a season 1 then release it! dont start chopping it up tot he point where ppl hae to buy it throughout the yr! dvd companies did that shit with lexx! and it fucking pissed me off and most dvd sets cost as much as the season 1 wouldve been so it just really makes no sense at all!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I disagree, Dannie. I would be one of those "casual viewers" you speak for concerning G.I. Joe. Yet even as a diehard fan of TV shows on DVD, I'm never willing to pay more than $75 for any release on DVD. The Twilight Zone is perhaps my favorite show and I still do not own Collection 4 simply because of the $75 cost for about 35 episodes. So if you're asking me to pay about $89-99 (and that's with a discount) for one season (65 episodes) of G.I. Joe, I'm going to laugh in your face. With the seasons broken up into cheaper sets, I am much more likely to purchase this series.

Rhino is doing the only thing that absolutely makes sense financially for them, so I have no trouble understanding why they've broken up the seasons. If you want to make an argument, argue that they should release parts 1 and 2 on the same day or a week part.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I completely disagree as well, Dannie. I think it's a bad idea to release it in one season. If it was released as one season, less people would buy it because it's too expensive. At a more reasonable price, more people will pick up the first set, and then the second set as well because the price is split in half.

And more people buying the G.I.Joe DVDs means that there's a bigger chance of seeing season 2 on DVD as well.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The thing to remember, too, is that later on Rhino is likely to take the "Part 1" and "Part 2" releases and bundle them together and sell them as a "complete season set". This might be a good idea for Christmas, markdowns, or special promotions.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Not yet; I was suggesting that it's a possibility. They haven't indicated that they will or they won't, but it's a natural move.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Rhino must have sent out a press release, because both DVD Toons and DVDfile are reporting that the Season 1.1 set has moved release dates again, this time one week to 2/3/2004. Features (interviews with writer Christy Marx, voice director Wally Burr) remain the same.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think both DVDToons and DVDFile got their new date from DVDEmpire, because Rhino still doesn't have a press release out yet.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
QKTheatre has cover art, disc art, and menus for the set and will be adding more in the next few days.

They also report that the opening sequence for all episodes on this set is from Season 2, except for the "Pyramid of Darkness" miniseries. Don't know why Rhino needed to change this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks