G.I Jane Special Edition???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TysonK, Aug 4, 2002.

1. TysonK

TysonK Agent

With Ridley going back and releasing a lot of his older films on dvd. Will there ever be a possible 2 disc GI Jane with and anamorphic transfer, dts etc....?

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Your guess would be as good as most anyones. I can answer your exact question though...anything is possible.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Give poor Charlie a break [​IMG] I'm sure he'll get to GI Jane once he finishes the 4 SEs he has going right now for Ridley (Blade Runner, Ridley's new movie (forget title) Black Hawk Down SE, Thelma & Louise)
    I'm sure he's finished some of those and moved onto others, but still, the guy has only 2 hands [​IMG]

4. YANG

YANG Second Unit

"Give poor Charlie a break I'm sure he'll get to GI Jane once he finishes the 4 SEs he has going right now for Ridley (Blade Runner, Ridley's new movie (forget title) Black Hawk Down SE, Thelma & Louise)"

There are lots of RIDLEY SCOTT titles deserves S.E treatment.IMO,since titles that was mentioned above is already available,R.S and his producing partner should take a look at the title which is not available in R1 market yet...1492:CONQUEST OF PARADISE...anyone???

ALIEN-another popular title,receives lots of demand for S.E treatment.I personally would prefer to wait,err...say till 2004,for the 25th anniversary edition,or maybe even 5 star collection treatment from FOX...

5. TysonK

TysonK Agent

All of you make a good point about the time factor and other commitments from Charlie and Ridley's standpoint. But, GI Jane is so underated as a movie and the current dvd is horrible. The picture is grainy. It looks like I'm watching VHS. I would put this before a Thelma and Louise special edition...

6. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    I agree about a SE of G.I Jane. A very underrated movie for 1997.

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Alien already has an SE, which supposedly will be expanded to a 5-star at some point in the near future

GI Jane is a great movie, but I'm just saying that he has a lot more on his plate. PLUS he needs to get the studio to agree to it

8. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

I'll buy it when it's 16x9.

9. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

The GI Jane laserdisc has an alternate opening and a commentary track from Scott.