What's new

FYI: TB 6.5 sub on sale!! (1 Viewer)

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Was just poking around the PE site and noticed the weekend deal is on those 6.5" sub. Quite a few people were interested awhile ago.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Doesn't seem like much of a sub...

The new Adire Extremis 6 Mid/woofer will outperform it.

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
I just remember a few threads about this driver is all. One guy even wanted 4 of them. As Frank pointed out when you consider the price difference for every one extremis you would have two of these.
Like the thread title says its just a FYI.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a fun little driver, thanks for the heads-up. I think the Tumult will outperform it, though. ;)

Seth_L

Screenwriter

I wasn't trying to be critical of you posting this.

I was merely saying it didn't seem like much of a subwoofer to me. Irregardless of price, the performance just doesn't seem very sub like.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Nahh...I wouldn't try to get the last octave out of it. Tuned to 35-40Hz, though, it might add a good deal of punch to a small/computer system.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i bet it would beat anything that that you could pick up at best buy for those small 2.1 systems, add on some of their full ranges and you got one hell of a PC gaming system.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Parts Express has a 15w/channel Sonic Impact Class T (Tripath) amplifier that can power some satellites. Run the RCAs into the sub amp first, and then into the T-amp. You may have to do a search for it. You could have one spicy meatball of a setup with the Tang Band sub and a pair of Super Elf kits from CSS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks