FYI: Presidential Address 9 p.m. EDT 5/1/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, May 1, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

For those people who record shows on Thursday nights, there will be a Presidential address to the nation starting at 9 p.m., so pad your recording times accordingly!

(Please, no political comments, just accept the information and do what you need to do in terms of TV viewing/recording.)

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I assume since this is sweeps, that these shows will be delayed rather than "we now join our regular programming already in progress"?

3. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Fortunately for me, there is nothing I watch/record on Thursday night. I'll be watching my rental of Two Weeks Notice and if it's not too late, my tape of last night's Enterprise.

4. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I think CBS moved everything back an hour (or maybe 1/2 hour?) last time. I don't know about the other networks.

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Here on the left coast the address is at 6pm, so if Friends or Survivor gets bumped it's because the world revolves around NYC (I hope that wasn't political).

6. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

[​IMG] Oh that's a good one. Is that why every single World Series game starts at 9:23 p.m. and goes to the early morning hours? So, we miss the last half of the game because most of us have to get up at 5:30 or 6:00 am for work the next day. I'd much rather miss the national anthem or the first inning than the last half of the game.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    What Tommy G said. When it comes to TV scheduling, the world seems to revolve around the Pacific time zone. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Then why are the Mariners playing the Yankees at 4pm today (7pm NYC time) when most people in Seattle don't get off work until after 5pm? When I get home it will be halfway through the fifth inning. I was only joking anyway. That's what happens when you have a country so big that it's 3 hours later at one end than the other.

As far as the World Series goes, just give the trophy and the rings to the Yankees and let the number two and three teams fight it out. If the Yankees aren't in it you guys won't watch anyway.

9. Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil Second Unit

EAST COAST REPRASENT!

10. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I think I was 10 the last time I saw a network Prime TIme show "Started already in progress".

They haven't done that in a LONG time!!!!

I would imagine that stuff either get's pushed back a week..or an hour..as long as I get to see Survivor and E.R.!!!

Oh yeah..and the Prez "Dubyah" on that carrier...should be impressive.

11. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

12. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Count me as one West Coaster who's tired as hell of the world revolving around New York.

I only get East coast feeds of HBOHD and Showtime HD on DirecTV, and don't get home in time for the good stuff.

Add to that the fact that 90% of the time when East Coast primetime is pre-empted for an overtime game of some kind we get our primetime screwed up and have only old game shows and syndicated talk shows, as if we aren't important enough to show the good stuff to if the East Coast misses it.

So what if you East Coasters get all the best Pizza, ya can't find a decent Chimichanga in Boston!!!

13. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

Steve, no argument here on that one. I was in Arizona in December and man o man do they have some great southwest cookin'! Wait a second.....Arizona is the southwest. [​IMG] I am one who also thinks you can't find good pizza in Boston either. Best pizza I ever had were in Rockville Centre, NY (Long Island), Greenwich, CT (Glennville Pizza) and Port Chester, NY (Tarry Lodge....bar room style) [​IMG] Now I'm hungry.