What's new

FYI: PE DOTD 500 Watt Plate Amp! (1 Viewer)

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
I am sure that most of you caught this already, but if you haven't check out Parts Express for their Deal of the Day.
JP

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator

Beni, You are approaching this all wrong. You should be thinking "Wow, what a great deal, I'll have to get another Tempest!"

:D

Benihana

Stunt Coordinator
lol, true, I have been wanting to make a 480L ported dual tempest, but I/m happy with my sealed tempest so far, and i just dumped over $2000 into HT parts this month, and just bought another center channel 2 days ago, so i'm for the most part out of cash now. And if i'm wanting more output later on, i'm just gonna port the tempest

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I've had three people recommend it to me for the Quatro 15 that I ordered on Friday. so I ordered one. Better too much power than not enough.

fred garvin

Agent
i picked this up too, just too good a deal to pass up. i have a shiva driver in a 142.5L box. right now it is being powerred with the 250W partsexpress plate amp, but i will be replacing it with the 500 watt amp when it comes. anyone think thats going to be ridiculous overkill?

i figured i would get it in case i build another larger project anyway, but was hoping for an increase in sound quality out of the shiva with the increased power as well. what do you think?

Benihana

Stunt Coordinator
its always better to have more power than less, and probably the newer amp will have less strain running the shiva and probably a better damping factor, so on paper it should sound a bit better. Its deals like this that keep coming up all the time that make people(me) go broke. :frowning:

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
I would reccomend the adire 1200 watt amp for the tumult. ada1200 i think, they seem to match each other perfectly:D

Al Garay

Stunt Coordinator
Cacu,

It depends what you are after. I know TG3 is happy driving his Tumult with a 380watt plate amp. So, even 90-95% of the output is sufficient for some.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks