What's new

FYI: If You Tivo or Tape Buffy.... (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
According to the new EW, the upcoming "Musical" episode will run approximately eight minutes longer than a normal Buffy episode.
I don't know if that means there are eight less minutes of commercials (doubt it) or if the show will run eight minutes over it's ususal time slot.
Just thought I'd let everyone know, it's a pisser to cut off the end of a show.
------------------
THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY
375 Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
According to AICN, it'll run long, bumping "Roswell" and then the affiliates' local programming.
ReplayTV handles it automatically, so long as the programming info is good. :)

Robert Monzo

Agent
And FYI for those in the Philadelphia area, this episode will not be shown in Philly until the following Saturday. UPN 57 is pre-empting it for a Flyers game. This makes two weeks in a row Buffy has been delayed in Philly. Last week it was delayed for 2 hours.

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
My TiVo is showing 1:10 as the running time for this episode, so TiVo owners shouldn't have to worry about it.
Two more days... woohoo!
------------------
Dax R. Scott - DVD Addict
Ask yourself... what would Ditka do?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Robert, you're welcome to join our upcoming "Free Buffy" picket at 57. I'm currently getting it together, unless 57 finally calls me back and promises to NEVER delay Buffy again.
Email me if interested: [email protected]
Jeff Kleist

Robert Monzo

Agent
Thanks Jeff for the offer but I won't be able to make it. I would like to know if 57 ever responds to you though. Does November sweeps month also apply to UPN? If so, they can't be pleased about being bumped in a major market.
Thanks,
Robert

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The problem isn't TiVo. It's the fact that the end of Buffy now overlaps the beginning of 24 and (for those still watching) NYPD Blue. Just when I thought I had it all worked out . . .
NOTE: According to TV Guide, this show will repeat locally on Friday, 11/16, but it's listed as running 60 minutes that night.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on November 05, 2001 at 05:53 PM]

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, sweeps aren't as important to the networks as they are to the local affiliates - it's when Neilsen increases their sample size, especially in the smaller markets. That's why cable stations don't do much for sweeps - the year-round national numbers are statistically significant enough for them to set their ad prices.
UPN's probably not thrilled, but the hockey game will probably do better for the station than "Buffy" would; local sports are a local UHF station's bread and butter. Indeed, one of the netlets - I think WB, but it might have been UPN - actually encouraged their affiliates to pick up local sports when they started seven years ago, since it would be a good promotional platform.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
the end of Buffy now overlaps the beginning of 24 and (for those still watching0 NYPD Blue
My Tivo still shows Buffy as 1 hour so I'll be watching Buffy real time, TiVoing NYPD Blue, and catching the re-run of 24 on Fri 11/9 at 9pm. BTW, all episodes of 24 will also be re-run at various times on FX so you don't have to worry about missing an episode (except if you don't get FX :))

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
My Tivo still shows Buffy as 1 hour so I'll be watching Buffy real time, TiVoing NYPD Blue, and catching the re-run of 24 on Fri 11/9 at 9pm.
Yeah, that's about where I came out -- except that Buffy will get taped for later viewing. I'm archiving the new episodes until I get current with the FX reruns, which won't be till next year.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks