What's new

FYI: Dragon Con (Atlanta) will be this Labor Day weekend (8/30/02 - 9/2/02) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For those in the area (residents, or just visiting), Dragon Con will be going on in downtown Atlanta (The main hotel is the Hyatt, IIRC). That link will have the guest list for this year.
Dragon Con is a big sci-fi/fantasy/TV/film/book/comics/etc convention, and it's one of those 24 hour conventions for its 4 day run, with stuff going on all the time it seems.
The convention is a lot of fun if you're willing to get by on very little food and sleep.
Feel free to peruse my Dragon Con webpage links found on my home page (in my signature below). I take tons of photos when I go each year.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Dang...as someone who had to skip GenCon this year, I wish I'd thought of attending Dragon Con. Phooey...

I'll be sure to check out your pics, Patrick...

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Patrick- I'm going this year (woo hoo!) for the first time. I'm not sure where I'll be staying (a friend of mine is also going and is taking care of that), but we should try to hook up at some point!
Hey, do you know if they're having another "Dawn" look-a-like contest this year? I remember the pictures from last year's. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yep, the Dawn Look-alike contest will be on Saturday. They've put up the tentative schedule grid on the Dragon Con website. You should print it out, and plan your day's activities (there are way too many things going on at the same time, it seems).

There's a local Dragon Con commercial running on the local cable TV systems, and I noticed they used 3 of my photos to promote the convention in their commercial. Should I be flattered or annoyed?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks