FYI -- B&N Buy 2/Get 1 Deal

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mikya, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Mikya

Mikya Extra

By way of an FYI, Barnes & Noble is giving a buy 2, get 1 free deal on all dvds this month (at least in the brick and mortar stores). Although habitually over-priced, this deal will earn B&N some of my dvd money this month.

2. Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen Second Unit

Jeff
    I plan on using this for grabbing Criterions...good deal if you add on the 10% discount...

3. Nils Luehrmann

Nils Luehrmann Producer

A three for two deal sounds good, but if they are selling at close to MSRP (which B&N tends to do), then saving 33% off full MSRP starts to not look so good when many online sites price below 40% of MSRP with no tax (which can save you close to 10% depending on your local sales tax rate) and free shipping.

Even with Criterion DVDs which are notorious for rarely being discounted by more than 25%, both DVD Planet and DVD Empire have regular sales on Criterions listing them below 40% off MSRP.

This could be a really good deal, but it might pay to compare prices before pulling the trigger. I also found that at least here, the local B&N will often price their DVDs higher than if you bought it online at B&N's website.

4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    I used this deal to pick up three Criterion's, which were marked at $39.98. THE KILLERS, TOKYO STORY and HAXAN. The total (w/o the 10% member thing) was $84 and change. I believe they said it would have been $7 cheaper with the members discount. I also got Warner's Cary Grant Collection, Marx Bros. Collection and the Tarzan Collection for $100, which wasn't too bad.

I'm hoping to grab a few more Criterion's this coming weekend.

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I moved this thread here to Coupons and Bargins.