What's new

FYI -- B&N Buy 2/Get 1 Deal (1 Viewer)

Mikya

Grip
By way of an FYI, Barnes & Noble is giving a buy 2, get 1 free deal on all dvds this month (at least in the brick and mortar stores). Although habitually over-priced, this deal will earn B&N some of my dvd money this month.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
A three for two deal sounds good, but if they are selling at close to MSRP (which B&N tends to do), then saving 33% off full MSRP starts to not look so good when many online sites price below 40% of MSRP with no tax (which can save you close to 10% depending on your local sales tax rate) and free shipping.

Even with Criterion DVDs which are notorious for rarely being discounted by more than 25%, both DVD Planet and DVD Empire have regular sales on Criterions listing them below 40% off MSRP.

This could be a really good deal, but it might pay to compare prices before pulling the trigger. I also found that at least here, the local B&N will often price their DVDs higher than if you bought it online at B&N's website.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I used this deal to pick up three Criterion's, which were marked at $39.98. THE KILLERS, TOKYO STORY and HAXAN. The total (w/o the 10% member thing) was $84 and change. I believe they said it would have been $7 cheaper with the members discount. I also got Warner's Cary Grant Collection, Marx Bros. Collection and the Tarzan Collection for $100, which wasn't too bad.

I'm hoping to grab a few more Criterion's this coming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks