FYI... AMC is running monsterfest this weekend, starting tonight

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd stone, Oct 28, 2005.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Currently watching the exorcist 3

2. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

Actually, AMC's Monsterfest has been running all week...it started on 10/23. Personally, I can barely watch scissors-happy AMC anymore, with all the editing and commercials.

Meanwhile, check out TCM's offerings for Monday (Halloween Day):

31 Monday (All times Eastern)

6:00 AM Nosferatu (1922) In this silent film, a beautiful woman risks her life to end a vampire's plague of death and pestilence. Max Schreck, Gustav von Wangenheim, Greta Schroder. D: F.W. Murnau. 89m.

7:30 AM The Vampire Bat (1933) Villagers suspect the town simpleton of being a vampire. Lionel Atwill, Fay Wray, Melvyn Douglas, D: Frank R. Strayer. 61m.

8:45 AM White Zombie (1932) A zombie master menaces newlyweds on a Haitian plantation. Bela Lugosi, Madge Bellamy, John Harron. D: Victor Halperin. BW 67m.

10:15 AM Mad Love (1935) A mad doctor grafts the hands of a murderer on to a concert pianist's wrists. Peter Lorre, Frances Drake, Colin Clive. D: Karl Freund. BW 68m. CC

11:30 AM Cat People (1942) A newlywed fears that an ancient curse will turn her into a bloodthirsty beast. Simone Simon, Kent Smith, Tom Conway. D: Jacques Tourneur. BW 73m. CC DVS

1:00 PM Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) Soulless pods take over the inhabitants of a small California town. Kevin McCarthy, Dana Wynter, Carolyn Jones. D: Don Siegel. BW 80m. LBX CC

2:30 PM Village Of The Damned (1960) After a mysterious blackout, the inhabitants of a British village give birth to emotionless, super-powered offspring. George Sanders, Barbara Shelley, Michael Gwynn. D: Wolf Rilla. BW 77m. LBX CC DVS

4:00 PM The Birds (1963) In a California coastal area, flocks of birds unaccountably make deadly attacks on humans. Rod Taylor, Tippi Hedren, Jessica Tandy. D: Alfred Hitchcock. C 119m. LBX CC

6:00 PM Psycho (1960) A woman on the run gets mixed up with a repressed young man and his violent mother. Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles. D: Alfred Hitchcock. BW 109m. LBX CC

8:00 PM Poltergeist (1982) Evil spirits abduct a suburban family's daughter causing chaos and havoc. Craig T. Nelson, Beatrice Straight, Dominique Dunne. D: Tobe Hooper. C 115m. LBX CC

10:00 PM The Uninvited (1944) A brother and sister buy a house with a ghostly secret. Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey, Donald Crisp. D: Lewis Allen. BW 99m. CC

12:00 AM The Haunting (1963) A team of psychic investigators moves into a haunted house that destroys all who live there. Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Russ Tamblyn. D: Robert Wise. BW 112m. LBX CC

2:00 AM Horror Castle (1963) A Holocaust survivor tortures women in the dungeons of an ancient castle. Rosanna Podesta, Georges Riviere, Christopher Lee. D: Antonio Margheriti. C 84m. LBX

3:30 AM The Castle of the Living Dead (1964) A traveling circus entertains a medieval count who uses them in his bizarre experiments. Christopher Lee, Gaia Germani, Donald Sutherland. D: Luciano Rici, Lorenzo Sabatini. BW 90m. LBX

3. Rob P S

Rob P S Cinematographer

rob
    A Friday the 13th and Halloween marathon - this thing should be called "AMC Goes to Hell".

4. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Sadly, I believe the verb in this sentence should be replaced with, "went".

5. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Dees anyone here (other than Todd) still watch AMC??

Showing films that are edited, panned and scanned, with commercials????????

No Thanks[​IMG]

TCM all the way![​IMG]

6. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I also remember "the good old days" of AMC when MonsterFest consisted of old Universal films from the thirties and forties rather than the twenty Jason/Freddie/Michael Myers sequels that get re-run every year.

7. Jim Dalton

Jim Dalton Stunt Coordinator

Personally, I have never cared for the "stab-stab-eek!" movies. When it comes to Halloween, give me the monster movies - Frankenstein, Mummy, Dracula, Godzilla, etc.

I must say I was very upset that they only showed "It Came from Beneath the Sea" only once, yet show the slasher movies over and over and over again. I just wish FMC and TCM would devote a solid-week to these movies.

Thankfully, I have a pretty good collection on DVD and VHS - some actually recorded from Monsterfest a few years ago when it was good.

IMHO, AMC went downhill with Monsterfest a few years ago (I wrote them an e-mail stating such) but for some reason, they ignored my e-mail.

I'd like to complain about them having ignored my e-mail, but they continue to ignore my e-mails. [​IMG]

8. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

sigh don't get me wrong, AMC is crap, but hey it's monster movies...take em while you can/ And yea what's with the crap marathon of friday the 13th, BLEH!

Bring back joe bob briggs to TV

9. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    I can honestly say that I haven't watched AMC since they made their "pact with the devil". It drives me nuts though when I come home and my wife is watching it, especially when it's something we've got on DVD.