fye preorder deals

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Phil Tomaskovic, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I checked with Patrick Sun (who then spoke to the other moderators) and they agree it is ok to post any fye preorder deals as soon as they start advertising them in their stores.

Since I (and others) don't always go to the mall; we might miss some good deals. I'm doing this now especially since Kill Bill 2 was $9.99 after rebate *only* if you preordered; the price went up to $14.99 when it was released.

So please feel free to use this thread (or a new one) to post any preorder bargains as you see them.

When I was there last week, I know "The Girl Next Door" was $9.99 and they have been advertising Star Wars for the last few months. I believe "Passion of the Christ" is $14.99 (it was $9.99 for a little while when it was first posted).

Thanks!

2. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

What is their price on the Star Wars Trilogy?

3. James D

James D Second Unit

Star Wars Trilogy $49.99 + tax - $15 MIR(save $5 instantly when you preorder the Trilogy and buy Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Daredevil, Independence Day, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Planet of the Apes, Predator, Predator 2, X-Men 1.5, X-Men 2, or X-Files:Fight the Future-also comes with free poster with pre-order)

4. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

35 bucks - not bad. They do make you cut out a UPC from the DVD case though.

5. Phil Tomaskovic

I have been just cutting out the yellow price tag with the UPC that's on the cellophane wrapper. And all my rebates have been approved so far. Just got my check for Cold Mountain. The clerk said I had to cut out the UPC and I told her this but she said they were told to tell people the original UPC was needed. But I will keep doing as I have been until I get a rejection.

$35 isn't bad, but I wonder if the stores will all be around this price. I should check next time if the preorder is refundable (I would think it has to be by law); in case their price ends up higher or others match without a rebate,

6. James D

James D Second Unit

Phil is correct. The yellow sticker attached to the shrink wrap is all that is required for the rebate. Don't worry about what the store clerks say, you do not have to destroy your box to get your rebate.[​IMG]

7. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

So far, thats the best I've found. Best Buy is $44.99 (with free disc "R2D2 Beneath The Dome") and Circuit City is $49.99. Amazon is $41.99 and Deep Discount DVD is $41.88. The only rub about buying from Amazon, Deep Discount and now FYE is that you don't get the disc on release date - they have to mail it to you. I'm debating whether or not I can take waiting a few days just to save a couple bucks. It would be nice if they would let you do a store pick-up at FYE (I have one local to me) but the rebate says you have to include the packing slip.

The question I have is - What are Sam's and Costco going to charge? That could end up being the best brick and mortar retailer price on the day of release.

8. James D

James D Second Unit

Patrick- go down to the FYE store and preorder it there. You'll have to put down $5 plus tax and they will give you a preorder slip. Make sure that they write down the final price as being $34.99 after rebate on the slip because they sometimes change the amount of the rebate. On release date, go back to the store and pick it up. You'll have to pay the remaining $44.99 plus tax and they will give you the rebate form. I love the Trans-World rebate deals, but I think Amazon is the way to go for Star Wars. FYE would be $49.99 + $3.00 tax - $15 MIR + 37 cent stamp = $38.36. Amazon's STL price is $37.79 deliverd and you don't have to wait two months for the rebate.[​IMG]

9. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

I keep seeing references to Amazon's "Share The Love". How does this program work?

10. Phil Tomaskovic

Patrick, fye rebates are only at their retail stores; they don't apply to their online order site. So you have to go the store to preorder and then pick it up.

For Share the Love, see http://www.dvdtalk.com/stl/
    for an automated system. Basically, if you buy a book, cd or dvd and refer someone else then if they buy the same item, they get 10% off and you get a 10% credit to your account for a future purchase. Of course, if one of you cancel then the discount goes away.

11. Joe-Frietze

Joe-Frietze Stunt Coordinator

Rassum frassum - wish I'dve known this. I just sent in my Blazing Saddles paperwork, with the original upc from the case, and they sent me an e-mail saying I didn't include the UPC. I know 've thrown away the shrink wrap by now...

Joe

12. Phil Tomaskovic

Joe, did you copy it before you sent the upc in? I would tell them you sent it and they usually will let you resubmit the form.