What's new

FYE - buy $50 gift card get $10 gift card free (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
That's right. Buy a $50 gift card and you get a $10 gift card free. So I preordered Star Wars.
$50 gift card w/$10 free gift card
$5 preorder.
Total $55
Then I owe $45 for the remaining costs of Star Wars. I'll use the $50 gift card and have $15 left over on both cards plus getting $15 back for the rebate. So after everything is done I'll have paid $25 for Star Wars. Not bad:D !!

This should be a national promo.

Chet

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I would assume it's immediate. I'm probably going to call my somewhat local Wherehouse store and see if they're offering the same promo before I drive 20+ miles for the same deal as the OP.

However, I'm not sure if his math is right. Just doing the numbers in my head, I'm thinking it's going to come out to closer to $30 AR vs. $25 which still beats Amazon w/STL. But if you don't want to deal with rebates, yes, it's probably the way to go. TransWorld rebates have always been easy to get plus they don't make you cut the UPC. The yellow pricing sticker has always worked for me and multiple others.

Edit: ok, did the math and here's what I calculated:

$49.99 SWT
+ 4.12 CA tax @ 8.25%
======
54.11 total cost
-9.02 $10 off $60 in gift cards ~ 16.7% off
-15.00 rebate
======
$30.09 AR and discounted GCs

James D

Second Unit
Does anyone know if Coconuts is part of this offer? I much prefer my local Coconuts to the local FYE. Thanks.:)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I just did this over the weekend. Excellent deal. They're having some sort of push to sell gift cards. The salespeople get some sort of points or commission for it. They said that the gift card deal will run until Sept. 11. An excellent way to purchase the Star Wars Trilogy.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Phil-Essentially you get $60 in gift cards for $50 in change.

Bob-N: They did not charge me tax on the gift cards, only on the $5 in paid to preorder Star Wars. So when I use the gist cards I'll be charged tax I would assume do you are right. A great deal regardless.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Chet, correct. I only calculated tax on the actual purchase after all is said and done. So my calcs are post 9/21.

I was able to confirm that the Redwood City, CA Wherehouse is participating if anyone was waiting for my reply. I'll probably drop by in the next week or so and preorder SWT, warts (new changes) and all.

Bob

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Anyone know if you can guy a gift card with a gift card? I have a $50 card and was wondering if I could turn it into $60. I know you can use store credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks