FYE 4/27 rebates

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Phil Tomaskovic, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Big Fish - $19.99 - $7 rebate
    The Cooler - $15.99 - $10 rebate !!!
    WWE/Divas South of the border $5 rebate (not sure the price)
    Kids in the Hall Season 1 - $10 rebate (not sure the price)
    Love Actually - $19.99 - $7 rebate
    Love Don't Cost a Thing - $19.99 - $7 rebate
    Stuck on You - $19.99 - $10 rebate
    WWE/Wrestlemania XX '04 - $8 rebate (not sure the price)

Note I had some confusion on a previous purchase a few weeks ago. I bought 2 dvds each with a $10 rebate and I got email saying I was getting only $10. The salesperson only gave me 1 form and it had boxes to check for all the dvds so I assumed 1 form and both upcs in the same envelope.

Today I bought 3: Cooler, Stuck on You and Big Fish and they gave me 3 forms and to send them separately. I'm verifying with the rebate company Monday.

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Phil:

Are the prices you're listing the actual price AFTER the rebate?

For example: is Big Fish $26.99 - $7 = $19.99?

Or, is it $19.99 - $7 = $12.99?

3. Phil Tomaskovic

Mike,
    Big Fish is $12.99 after the rebate and I couldn't believe it but The Cooler is $5.99! I even asked about it because the main display didn't list it but another rack did and only 1 case had a $15.99 sticker, the rest were $19.99.

I just remembered they had some other recent ones like "Something Has to Give" and Matrix Revolutions for $11.99 after rebate this week too.

It seems like they have about 5 titles every week that are from $12.99 to $9.99 after rebate. They have a big sign at the door listing the hottest title and its price for each of the next 4 weeks.

I've gotten School of Rock, Kill Bill, Matrix, Cheaper by the Dozen all for these low prices.

And other than the mix up on whether to put put 2 movies on the same rebate form, I get email confirming the rebate about a week after I mail it in. I don't mind waiting 6 weeks for the rebate check at those prices.

4. Phil Tomaskovic

The only dvd pre-advertised for this week is Last Samurai - $12.99 after rebate. Not sure what else will be... they usually have about 5 dvds on the rebate form.

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Actually Phil at the FYE here in Albany last night, the cooler was $14.99 - $10 rebate=$4.99. I seriously considered getting it, but after thinking about it didn't think I'd like the movie.

6. Dillon*G

Dillon*G Second Unit

How long does it take to get the rebate?

7. Phil Tomaskovic

I just got the check for School of Rock, so maybe 4-5 weeks? Which is a lot better than other rebates I have waited for.

I've heard so many good things about the cooler, I figured $5.99 was worth it. I am surprised they are selling it so low, seems like they reduced it a second time since most packages were $19.99. I'm surprised a chain will have different prices although Walmart does it.

8. Miki<>C

Miki<>C Agent

just to clarify about the two rebate debate, I sent one form in for two rebates and also got the email listing only one rebate , however when I went onto the site and searched with my name and area code only it brought up both rebates so no problems!

9. Phil Tomaskovic

Thanks I called and he said both mine were in too, but I sent Kill Bill rebate in the same time so I assumed the second rebate listed was for that.

10. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Is this in-store only? The nearst FYE is in Coralville, about 30 miles away, so not really worth driving for this and I don't see anything about this offer on the website.

11. Phil Tomaskovic

yes, I believe they are in store only. No mention on the web site.

12. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

Don't you have to cut off the UPC code from the back of the box though?

13. James D

James D Second Unit

You don't have to cut up the box to receive the rebate. The yellow price sticker that is located on the outside of the shrinkwrap is acceptable to receive the rebate.[​IMG]

14. Phil Tomaskovic

I emailed fye.com and they said to send each dvd rebate separately. Of course when I called the rebate center they said the opposite...

I just looked up my rebates. Apparently if I put in my email and phone number on the form, I get fewer results. they must not be always entering it (or mistyping) and the query fails.

The rebate form for Matrix said that a copy of the upc was valid however the latest form for big fish and others last week said the original upc was required.

James where did you get your info?

15. James D

James D Second Unit

There is a long thread about these rebates at dvdtalk. There is a manager of one of the FYE stores that said that the yellow price sticker would suffice. I have done three rebates so far without any problems using the yellow sticker.