What's new

FX premiere Fargo Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife had heard a funny thing from a co-worker, that my wife has dubbed onto Lester: He has wheels turning in his head, but the hamster is dead.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
JohnMor said:
Okay, Lester needs to die a painful, bloody death. I'm SO over him. LOL.
LOL! Yeah, when I commented on his stupidity and how he'd never get away with it, I forgot who the chief of police was.

Still, Molly will fix things!

I would have no problem with Malvo just killing everyone...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Jesus, that shootout while Key & Peele sat in their car was a hoot.

Anyone else having delightful fun watching Lester sow his evil oats? That monologue was a great showcase for Martin Freeman, and a comedic-reacting masterclass from Mr. Bob Odenkirk.

This might have been my favorite episode. So many things to love. That opening shot with Gus wishing he could rewind time was a thing of beauty, the aforementioned shootout was aces, and Lester doing his best Walter White impression all added up to a great hour of television.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Yes, just an outstanding episode all-around.

I also caught two quick, back-to-back references to the 1996 film, when Molly's dad Lou (Keith Carradine) is switching through the "premium" channels on her hospital room TV:

1.) the audio from a nature documentary is heard: "The Bark Beetle carries the wood to its nest..."

2.) hockey match... "The Gophers are playing."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, I kept waiting for her to add, "a little bit of money," but no dice. Oh well.

That Lester sex-scene was amazing, for all of the wrong reasons. I think I may have swallowed a fly while watching it.

I'm curious what Lester's plan is with Hess's wife. At first, I figured he was going to get one more bang out of her, and then deliver the news and walk out triumphantly.

But now it seems like he has more of a long-con going, and he's gonna tap that as long as he can maintain the charade that the money is still coming, just delayed. Dangerous game to play with a woman whose husband was tied to the Mafia.

Loved the Malvo shootout-scene. I've decided that he's Evil Jack Bauer™, in that he always has an objective, and is constantly moving towards it, which is what makes his scenes so interesting to watch. Definitely one of my favorite Billy Bob Thornton performances.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
While this episode was incredible, I had a hard time with how they found the gun in the backpack. It just happens that on that day a fight breaks out and knocks over the open backpack? And if it was lunch time, wouldn't the kid have already opened the backpack by then and seen it? Obviously it was already open since the gun flew out. Probably my only real beef with the show since it started.

As for the episode, it almost seems like Lester is Walter White in high speed mode, doesn't it? Much like Walter, he's truly enjoying his new-found "popularity".

The editing of this show also reminds me of 'Breaking Bad'.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
^^I kinda agree that the way the gun was found was weak. I expected him to be at his locker, finding it, pulling it out puzzled, then some kid screaming 'He's got a gun!' and everybody running.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Paul D G said:
^^I kinda agree that the way the gun was found was weak. I expected him to be at his locker, finding it, pulling it out puzzled, then some kid screaming 'He's got a gun!' and everybody running.
That would have been so much better and more believable. Sometimes I wonder what (obviously brilliant) writers are thinking.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I agree. Poorly done. But I'll let them off the hook on that point, give the overall series quality. Plus they DID address the rain of fish! LOL.

Only 2 more to go. Sigh.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Loved it. Especially loved
the jump in time, which I did not expect.
And some really great dialogue.

Can't wait to see how this ends up.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I don't know if I liked the jump in time or not...

At first, I felt like this was the end of the run...then, I realized there are 2 episodes left. So, I'll hold judgement on the time jump until we see the conclusion.

But, it felt very sudden and weird to me. Now we are full-on looking at a Marge mirror image with a pregnant Molly...but, she is completely obsessed with finding Malvo and taking down Nygard, and I'm anxious to see where this takes her. Also anxious to find out if Lester seeing Malvo is a coincidence or not. Methinks we'll be seeing Wrench again as well.

The addition of a year of time definitely has potential to add a layer to the story. I hope they nail the ending.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Loved the time-jump. It gives an epilogue AND a climax. Nifty. What's going to be the missing link that re-opens the case, I wonder?

I'd bet Key & Peele will drive the cop-side back into the fray, while Lester bumbles Malvo into the crosshairs. It's a great set-up: other than the pregnant woman, anyone could live or die by the time the dust settles. With two villains, I could easily see one of them escaping, even in a "happy ending" finale.

(Also, I assume everyone recognized Stephen Root from just his out-of-focus grin the background of Malvo's head? Or was that just me? ;))

richm41

Auditioning
Real Name
RichM
Funny you would use the word climax in your post, it reminded me of my favorite line in this episode

"“I was picking your pubes out of my teeth 12 hours ago” Gina Hess to Lester

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
stapler_zps59e566f2.jpg

richm41

Auditioning
Real Name
RichM
Lester sure has become a cold, calculating, manipulative guy since episode 1.

He sure is leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. Can't wait for the finale next week.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I really thought Malvo was going to kill Lou there for a minute. And, yeah, I can't think of a TV character I've come to hate as thoroughly as I do Lester. Can't wait for next week. I just hope none of the good guys bite it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks