What's new

FX premiere Fargo Season 1 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Dang, brutal exit for the guy unlucky enough to be at a strip club. I would've been begging for a bullet before being dumped in the ice-hole.

I caught up Tuesday's episode last night, and I realized my cheeks were hurting as the credits rolled because I spent the entire previous hour grinning.

And man, preconceived notions are a bitch to handle. Despite Lester looking and acting shady as fuck, and the little fact that we know he's at least partially guilty, I was thinking, "Leave poor Martin Freeman alone!" when Molly was questioning him.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
mattCR said:
Really great second episode. Lots of solid moments, but what a way to end.. the entire sequence on the ice and the soundtrack to go with it was fantastic.
We've got a lot of characters going on.. it doesn't all flesh out yet, but I'm enjoying the heck out of the journey on this one. It's going to be a day-1 buy for me if it keeps this up.
Yeah, I'm loving this so far. I was on board with Tolman, Billy Bob, Freeman, and Odenkirk, but I'm also digging the addition of the hitman-pair with Adam Goldberg, and that Carradine is set to recur. Performances across the board are just great, and I even liked Glenn Howerton's turn as the bronzed-up gym-rat.

Digging the extra screentime for Odenkirk, and his lovable ineffectualness. "I've made my decision."

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This second episode seemed to be more of the slow burn a lot of us were expecting and didn't get in the first episode.

This might be the show to get me out of my television lull that I've been in ever since Breaking Bad ended.
joshEH said:
and I even liked Glenn Howerton's turn as the bronzed-up gym-rat.
I don't know exactly why, but for some reason his character made me think of the Brad Pitt character in 'Burn After Reading'

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Finally caught up w/ the 2nd episode tonight. A good start to the series. Perhaps not quite up to the standards set by FARGO the film, but still solid.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Probably my favorite of the three so far. Very funny and charming, and also disturbing (the dog scene.)

"...and absolving all of us of any dipshittery." :laugh:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Once again, as with Helix, I'm going to trust the group here.
DVR is getting backed up, so time for some clearance. Is this worth it or should I just zap the episodes?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Stan said:
Once again, as with Helix, I'm going to trust the group here.
DVR is getting backed up, so time for some clearance. Is this worth it or should I just zap the episodes?
I think it's the best thing on TV right now.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As for the third episode, I have to wonder if that scene with Molly meeting her high school friend was a nod to the scene in the movie where Marge met her high school friend. Both scenes were awkward in their own way.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
"I'm confused."
"That's OK. I'm not."

This show is chock full of some great dialog. I love how they shoot this show, it has such an off kilter feeling. You rotate between laughing and just sitting back and thinking: is this really about to happen?
Love it. This is in the running for best new show this year..

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, another flawless episode. I particularly enjoyed the scene with Lester and the two hitmen in the insurance office. Their whole ad-lib to mutually snow the deputy was awesome.

Things are escalating nicely, and it looks like Lester is gonna be in deep shit next week.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I don't even care about Lester.

I just love Molly...she's so funny and smart and stuck in a crap position. But, hey, maybe she finds a companion in Hanks.

And, I love Malvo. Billy Bob plays him like a modern day Puck or something. He's just having so much fun screwing with people. He's scary...but oh so hilarious.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Malvo is scary but it seems like he doesn't care if he gets caught.

He had to know there were cameras when he was dragging that guy all over the office.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to figure out how Malvo introduced (pig's blood?) into the shower. Maybe via the hot water heater? At first I thought it was some sort of dream sequence and then Milos began screaming and they cut to Malvo with the empty containers.

Game of Thrones, The Americans, and Fargo are probably my top three shows currently airing.

- Walter.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Walter Kittel said:
I was trying to figure out how Malvo introduced (pig's blood?) into the shower. Maybe via the hot water heater? At first I thought it was some sort of dream sequence and then Milos began screaming and they cut to Malvo with the empty containers.Game of Thrones, The Americans, and Fargo are probably my top three shows currently airing.- Walter.
Scary! Also my favorite 3, with Mad Men still being a puzzling 4th. I figured water heater for sure.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
LOVED the plot twist back to the film! LOL. And BBT's performance tonight as the minister was priceless. Another great ep.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
JohnMor said:
LOVED the plot twist back to the film! LOL. And BBT's performance tonight as the minister was priceless. Another great ep.
I'd been waiting for some kind of reference back to the film. Although I was a bit confused by it. Are we to believe that was Oliver Platt's character 20 years ago? He seemed just as old as Platt in 2006. I actually had the thought that Platt was the child in the backseat but that doesn't add up either.

Malvo's alter-ego was classic. Those two police chief's are terrible at their jobs.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Scott Hanson said:
I'd been waiting for some kind of reference back to the film. Although I was a bit confused by it. Are we to believe that was Oliver Platt's character 20 years ago? He seemed just as old as Platt in 2006. I actually had the thought that Platt was the child in the backseat but that doesn't add up either.

Malvo's alter-ego was classic. Those two police chief's are terrible at their jobs.
Yes, that was "Young Stavros" and "Young Helena."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks