Fuzzy video when passed through Onkyo 797

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Sylvester, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Jay Sylvester

Jay Sylvester Supporting Actor

Some of my video components (digital cable box with composite output, several video game consoles with S-video and composite outputs) have image quality that's not as good when passed through my Onkyo 797 to my Wega's S-video input as it is when sent directly to my Wega via its S-video or composite inputs. Anything passed through the receiver seems fuzzy all around, with slight color bleeding. Everything is nice and crisp when my consoles and cable box are either hooked up to one of my Sony A/V switch boxes ( SB-V55A ) or directly to the TV.
    Anyone have any idea why this is?

2. Duncan Barth

Duncan Barth Stunt Coordinator

I've got just about everything hooked up through s-video on my 797, and then out to my pre-wega 27" trinitron. I've noticed that if I pop up one of the recievers onscreen menus (volume display, etc.) the picture gets really soft while the display is on, and it takes a few seconds after the display disappears for the input signal to look normal again.

I haven't done an A&B comparason (and after your post I think I might), but I've never noticed any real major image problems other than what I noted.