What's new

Futureworld (R2) (1 Viewer)

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The 1976 Westworld sequel, "Futureworld" has just been released on DVD R2 in the U.K.

Does anyone have it and can comment on quality, specs, etc?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
No, not yet. But thanks for pointing this out. I have been waiting a long time for it.
Wonder if it's now finally coming to R1 too...

Cees

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Play list it as 'Full screen 4:3 and DD 2.0 stereo' but haven't seen it yet and don't what the original specs of the film were.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Play list it as 'Full screen 4:3 and DD 2.0 stereo' but haven't seen it yet and don't what the original specs of the film were.
John,
These are the correct specs for the disk. I got if from Play last year when they had it for £4.99 in one of their promos.
At that price even though its full frame thought I would go for it as had not seen it for years on TV. Since then it has been shown repeatedly on SciFi :frowning: (again in 1.33 and they do usually show w/s films in letterbox)
The picture quality is okay and pretty good for one of these budget labels, had not heard of them (as most are pretty roppy in the UK). Don't expect the earth but it looked okay on my Sony 32" w/s in smart mode.

Not sure if 4.3 is the correct ratio but it had the feel of a made for TV movie, so may have been matted to 1.66 or 1.85 for a theatrical release, but on this DVD at 1.33 could not seen any really noticeable pan and scan.

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The correct aspect ratio for the film is 1.85:1

Could someone with the Region 2 DVD, please compare it to the following three screen captures (taken from the laserdisc) and provide feedback as to where there is more/less image?

This is about 17 seconds in...

This is about 2 minutes and 13 seconds in...

And this is about 7 minutes and 42 seconds in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiaraD2021
Recent bookmarks