What's new

FutureShop online purchasing problems?? (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Anyone else have problems with them?

Every FRICKIN time I order they call me to make sure that I did order and my shipping address is right (it's exactly like my Credit card address). So then I have to call them and wait on hold for 10 minutes, then they have to call me back to make sure I'm calling from my home phone! WTF!

It's retarded, I use the web because it's fast and convient and they TOTALLY take the convience out of it EVERY TIME!

After my hold time (this time) and they called me back they wanted to make sure I did order the dvds. Ok now, EVERY order I have made with them has been DVD's it's always to the same place, WTF? Anyone else have this problem? It's driving me insane, last time it delayed my order by 3 days!!!!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The two orders I've placed on the website have been without incident, at least in this regard. They have never called to confirm my order.

These days I find the prices are cheaper in store, as long as they get the product.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
really that's interesting, I finally spoke to a manager and he said, he's heard this complaint and that EVERYONE has this happen to them, GRRRR

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
James, I've ordered DVDs from FS about a dozen times and they have never called me to confirm an order. I even have the DVDs shipped to my workplace, so the shipping address is different from my billing address.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, they've been great for me.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
They stressed me out to the point where I spent hours going over bank statements and receipts from their online store to see if I was charged the correct amount. I also wrote a 4 page letter to the person in charge of the online store, and I haven't shopped with them since.

I have grey hairs from dealing with them and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, ever!

Gord
P.S. This really belongs in the retailer feedback area.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Oh didn't know about the feedback section (never scrolled that low).

I do find it odd I get hit all the time (when it was a different address it was worse). I think I'll create a new customer profile and see what happens!

JasonRH

Second Unit
James, I've ordered from FS many times and never had a single call from them or any hassle in any way. Sorry to hear about your troubles :frowning:

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
They called you?!? wow...that's strange. I've ordered from there more than 20 times and have done lots of cancellation/re-ordering and they've never called me once.

Lafe F

Second Unit
They couldn't cancel an order that I placed 10 minutes ago; they said that it had already entered the shipping process. Then it took two weeks to arrive, making me wait 7 days after street date. I'll never order from them again.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
One thing I should add. As Lafe just said, they are slow on pre-ordered items. You usually receive them a few days after street date. Because of this, I don't order any DVDs that haven't yet been released. If it's already out, there doesn't seem to be too much of a problem, though. My local Wal-Mart has new releases a bit cheaper anyway, so I just go there for those.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
So to me it sounds like they are LIEING to me and somehow, my account got flagged as a risk. So I'm going to cancel my order for BTTF (it's $39.99 pre-order) and I'll create a new account and order it again.

If they don't call then, I've solved the problem and they are MORONS!

About pre-orders, I haven't had problems with that, they will not ship it until the day of the release. So you should get it 3 days later.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I live in Toronto and I usually get the pre-orders on the release date. It takes me only overnight to receive my package with free shipping...so they would ship out the dvds on Monday night and I'll get them Tuesday morning. :)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
That's odd. I'm in Ottawa, it's usually 1 day or 2 day shipping but they don't ship till Tuesday night for me. Your lucky!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Ok, I have concluded that you guys are REALLY REALLY lucky that you haven't been dinged by this annoyance. I just re-orded that DVD after cancelling the order just to see if I would have to call back again, and you betcha I have to call back again!
Here's the e-mail I got.
Dear James,
Thank You for Shopping at FUTURESHOP.ca
We are unable to process your order number ###### at this time since we are required to contact you to verify shipping information.
Please reply within five calendar days to [email protected] Attn: Order Processing Department, or call 1-800-663-2275. If we receive no response, we will cancel your order, and you will be notified via email.
Order number ####### placed on 10 Dec 2002, 06:14:58 (PST)
Product Qty Price
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy 1 $57.99
Subtotal: $57.99
GST: $2.80
PST: $3.20
Shipping: $0.00
Savings: $18.00
----------------------------
Total: $45.99
Sincerely,
Your Customer Care Team at FUTURESHOP.ca
>> Fast Forward to FUTURESHOP.ca

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This must be a credit card thing. Does the shipping address match the billing address of the card? I have only had issues with online purchases if the amount is very large and the vendor isn't a major retailler. If they insist on calling all the time, I would talk to your credit card company and see if they have a restriction of some kind in place.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Like Jeff said, this sure seems like a problem with your credit card and perhaps a conflict between the shipping and billing addresses.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Well I've checked my credit card address. I've checked my billing address they are identical. I ordered 2 packages from Chapters.ca and had no issues, one I sent to my brother in Winnipeg and one to myself here in Ottawa. No call no issue whatsoever.

If it's my credit card, futureshop won't admit it, they say they call everyone. I could cancel the order again and order it with my futureshop card.

I really doubt it's my credit card, because I have had this problem with my Visa and my mastercard.

And it's not the credit card company calling me it's Future Shop, they say there system flags orders.

Has anyone else ordered Back to the Future from them? Seems as though they are flagging that product for sure.

I also remember I did get one package recently from them with no issues. So I won't say EVERY time, but 11/12.

Edit: I checked out my credit card info and it seems that my phone number doesn't match. I will change that and try again. This still does not explain why they cannot tell me about this, or tell me there is an issue with my credit card.

It also does not explain how. Jeremy ships to a different address and they don't call him!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks