1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Shop Charging Extra for DS9 Bonus DVD?!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad E, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

On Future Shop's website, there are currently two listings for the upcoming Star Trek: Deep Space Nine season one set. One is just referred to as "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Season 1 (DVD)", and sells for $129.99 (all prices in Cdn $). The other listing is referred to as "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Season 1 (DVD) (Limited Edition)" and sells for $133.99.

The only difference between the two appears to be that the "Limited Edition" one has this blurb:

What gives?? Future shop is charging extra for the bonus disc? I thought it was supposed to be a free incentive to buy your set from the Best Buy family of stores? Interestingly, bestbuy.com only seems to list one set and one price, and mentions that the bonus DVD is included "while supplies last".

I guess that $4 extra isn't that bad to pay for the extra content, but it still bugs me. Either way, it looks like DS9 is going to be more expensive to collect than TNG, which I was always able to get between $118 - $125 with the bonus DVD!! [​IMG]

2. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

Quick update... was just at Future Shop's site again, and they are now listing a price of $121.99... for BOTH the "Limited Edition" and the "regular" version. Sweet! [​IMG]

3. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

Since Paramount is obviously showing favoritism to one retailer, I wonder why other retailers do not take offense to this marketing strategy. I personally find it offensive that one particular retailer does get this advantage, because I feel slighted when I purchase from somebody else. I do not care to be coerced by the studio into supporting a particular retailer.