What's new

Future Shop and HP WSvsP&S (1 Viewer)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Well, the people of Mississauga have spoken, and they want WIDESCREEN!

The giant cardboard standies had HUGE GAPING HOLES where the widescreen FLEW OFF THE SELVES and there were tons and tons P&S left.

Every person I saw who wandered in was checking DVD after DVD looking for widescreen. People were ALREADY coming back to return mistakenly purchased P&S, and I was there HALF AN HOUR AFTER THEY OPENED THIS MORNING!

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Yeah, good news, but....
Don't you think that people who buy new releases on Tuesdays are generally people like us, HT enthusiasts who happen to know that Tuesday is new release day? I get the feeling that "Joe Six Pack" typically does his shopping on the weekends and doesn't know that Harry Potter came out today. I'm not sure if this is necessarily a sign that the general public is demanding widescreen.
Still, it's good to hear.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I was in the Mississauga store by Britannia and Mavis and every copy I saw on the shelf was widescreen. Mind you, last week when I bought mine at a local b&m, a lady asked specifically for the pan&scan version and amazingly, I said nothing.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Neil,

That's where I was, and almost all I could find was P&S. Odd.

Oh well. Maybe we'll see some concrete figures in a week or two.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The FS here in Waterloo had about equal numbers of each today. For some reason the clerk asked if I actually wanted the WS version when I checked out...evidently people are asking?

Neil-last week? Would that have been at a place whose initials are EW? Nice place to get discs, but a little expensive at times.

ashley c

Stunt Coordinator
FS Markham had widescreen on one side & PS on the other. When the widescreen versions ran out, they had to turn the display unit around so that the ps versions were now facing the front! Crazy lineups yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks