What's new

Future HD-DVD players (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Whenever the new HD DVD players come out, do we know yet if they will use DVI inputs, or component or what? Thanks.

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think anyone knows for sure. However I have noticed a strong push to make this available through dvi only. The DVD players available now that upconvert to 1080i only do so through dvi. That is of course except the Zenith DVB 318, and according to the manual of that machine it should not play in 1080i mode on copy protected DVD through component.

Thanks for not telling the truth (this time)!

Those who have HD ready sets with component only, myself included, will most likely be screwed!!!

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I know this much: You can write off analogs completely unless someone finally gets smart and gets that stupid law amended or changed.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Yeah I too have heard that it will be full HD over DVI and downconverted 480p over component. Until someone makes an HDMI to Component scaler box. Wouldn't be a pure digital linkup but analog 1080i is better than nothing.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I don't doubt the "only through DVI" thing at all. Especially since the manufacturers are clipping people at least 100 bucks for a DVI cable, even at Radio Shack! My new Samsung upscaling DVD player came with a DVI cable so I had the last laugh on Monster, RS, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks