Future Disney Treasures I'd like to see

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd_Brown, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown Second Unit

I watched a little of "Disneyland USA" yesterday, and today "Davy Crockett", and have enjoyed both tremendously. "Mickey Mouse in living color" was great also (haven't watched "Silly Symphonies" yet). They got me wanting more.

I'd love to see "Johnny Trumain", early Mickey Mouse shorts, "The Mickey Mouse club" (with Cubby and Annette), or even the old animal documentaries. Disney has to have tons of materials available for continuing the sereis.

Todd

2. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I'd like to see Zorro and El Fego Bacca (sp?) as Disney Treasures!

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I'd love to see some of their old science shows that I watched when I was kid. Those were great.

4. Henry V

Henry V Stunt Coordinator

"The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh" starring Patrick McGoohan would be high on my want list from Disney.

Since A&E is releasing all of the Prisoner & Secret Agent episodes on DVD it might be wise for Disney to cash in on this same audience.

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'd love to see collections of Goofy, Donald, B&W Mickey, more Silly Symphonies, and World War II stuff.

Disney has stated they plan on releasing their entire cartoon catalog (and probably all their catalog as well) to DVD.

I too would love Zorro sets.

6. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I second the call for Donald, Goofy, and Chip & Dale in Living Color sets along with further Mickeys. A collection devoted to Goofy's 'How to' series would be fabaroo.
    And what about Jiminy Cricket's Public Service cartoons? ("I'm no fool, no siree, I'm gonna live to be....")

7. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial
    Those science specials are true gems...

some of the best genuine entertainment I have ever seen from disney. I can remember watching them every time the disney channel aired them. Great stuff.

cheers!

Josh

8. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

How about Song of the South? Put an intro from Leonard Maltin, include a documentary or two and it would fly off the shelves. The limited edition would work for a title of this nature, so Disney wouldn't have to ward off the heat for very long. [​IMG]

9. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I'd like to see a collection of the Man in Space shows for one Disney treasure (similar to the Disneyland USA), Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Donald Duck in Living Color, and Silly Symphonies II for this year's four sets. Other Future sets would be the rest of the Mickey Shorts, a WWII themed collection, two more collections of Donald Shorts, a Collection of Goofy shorts, a Collection of Pluto Shorts, and the four separate Chip and Dale shorts found as easter eggs perhaps on the Donald collections. I'd also love to see other sets mentioned here, especially goofy how to (Goofy Olympics also!) and Jiminy Cricket bits, and the nature/animal specials like "Mister The Lovesick Moose" and "The Hound that Thought he was a Racoon" And eventually the release of MMC and zorro though maybe season sets instead for those, outside of the Treasures series.
    [​IMG]
    Adam

10. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Also could we please get "The Ugly Dachshund" out on DVD, I would buy that movie in a heart beat, as would everyother dachshund owner out there.

11. Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget Supporting Actor

I'm first of all interested in the classic cartoon shorts. The Mickey and Silly collections were great and I'd obviously like to see more like those. The remaining cartoon shorts could be organized in different ways, but certain configurations could seem more likely than others:

The MM set included all (by one definition) color Mickey shorts from 1935-38. The B&W Mickey shorts from 1928-35 would fit on two or three further sets and the remaining MM shorts 1939-53 on one (probably one single disc). Or, since there were so few Mickey shorts during those later years, they might just as well combine them with other shorts from the same period... Pure speculation here...

The remaining Silly Symphonies would fit on a second set, since pracically half of them are included on the first one.

At least one Goofy set, one Pluto set and two or three Donald sets could seem logical.

I'd also like to see the complete "Man In Space" shows and the nature "documentaries" like "The Living Desert" and "The Vanishing Prairie" and so on.

12. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

BARRY RIVADUE
    I'd want a special double feature: the original ABSENT MINDED PROFESSOR and SON OF FLUBBER, preferably with new interviews featuring surviving cast members Nancy Olsen and Tommy Kirk. [​IMG]

13. StuartK

StuartK Extra

The Complete Dexter Riley Collection containing:

The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes

Now You See Him, Now You Don't

The Strongest Man in the World

And though his name is Steve Post, he's really just Dexter in:

The Barefoot Executive

14. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

DONALD IN MATHMAGIC LAND

anything with LUDWIG VON DRAKE

I second the nomination for GOOFY engaged in athletic activities

Question: on the old Disneyland TV show what types of segments would represent TOMORROWLAND?

15. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit

I would gladly welcome any and all classic animated product Disney wants to put out. I'd also like to see the Swamp Fox show.