What's new

Future Blockbuster DVD/rental deals coming? (1 Viewer)

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
No word from BB Corporate. With the new "Ultimate Blockbuster" they plan to push new sales harder. Most stores are resetting the floor to place sell thru product toword the front of the store. I was told they are waiting to see how the current and recent promotions faired during the holidays, before they anounce another Card Promo.

Rent it, Like it, Buy it (On Going)
Free week rental with a new Movie Purchase (Ended)
Price Match Guarantee (On Going)
Buy 2 get 1 Free, Preview Product (On Going)

Michael Silla

Second Unit
With BB new Netflix like rental program, I can't see ever going back to buying the rental cards. I was under the mistaken impression that this was a country-wide project. I am quite happy with it as long as the price stays at $24.99

Michael.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I think if there was going to be another one of those promos after Spider-Man, we'd have seen something prior to the holidays. Like one for at least one of these:

Attack of the Clones
Men In Black 2
Austin Powers: Goldmember

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Yeah there was a rumor about ATOC, but it was so close to Spiderman that they probably figured not that many people would buy both cards. I know I was double renting for awhile with Spiderman and Monster Inc cards. Also maybe when they raised the price of rentals to $4.50, they figured the rental card would have to go up too much to cover the cost of the dvd. Spiderman card was $30, I think and the others were $20 or $25? So even at a 50% discount, you are over $30 for the card depending on what the dvd lists for. I think they were battling the fall tv season too, fewer rentals than summer.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I asked at my local BB the other day, and they said that the next pre-pay card might be in the spring, but the person wasn't sure.

What's this about a Netflix-type deal? They don't have anything like that around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks