What's new

Future Basement Remodel - Opinions Wanted (1 Viewer)

Doro

Agent
Hello,

My wife is using our unfinished basement(Room), as part of her Masters' program, project developement plan. We have winged all of the neccesary details from information found on the web.

My question is, How would YOU(HTF), remodel a room if given the chance? Here are some specific factors:

Room Size: 17w x 8h x 24l

Room Construction(Current): Concrete Floor, Cinder Block Walls on 3 sides. Drywall(1/2) Finished, poorly, on remaining side. There is a cavity on the finshed wall side that goes under the stairs. House type is a Split Foyer.

I have a scan of our room, on graph paper, but looks like I need to source a host for the picture.

Here is a factor that will be unavoidable, and just simply, cost effective.

1) Drop Ceiling

Plan is to make this a Pool Room/ Wet Bar(Medium). My side plan is to think of an HT/2Channel setup that will work well, given the enviroment. No room can be remodeled w/o thinking of how the sound will be heard, you know? :)

All thoughts and criticism is welcome. I am a new member, so I am posting as much relevance as I am able. Thanks for looking.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Email the picture to me and I can put it up in my little chunk of cyberspace and host it for you.

What is her paper on? The cost of the project or the whole remodelling process? Or maybe a study in the strain a remodel puts on a marriage? ;)

I assume you're planning on doing a full surround setup at some point? You've got a nice Sony there that has probably been itching to show you some DD action.

Doro

Agent
It was to put together a project management plan using project planning techniques and applications. :laugh: It could well be a strain, have yet to find out :)

Yes, the surround speakers will be ordered next week, getting bipole/dipole speakers. The HT room is much further along than the project room.

Thanks Dave I will email you the scan. Its just a rough setup, with some measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks