What's new

Futurama Volume Two- 8/12? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I will simply smile and point to our recent news item called "Amazon is wrong" that describes how they show a July release date for Simpsons S3, when the accurate date is in August.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
does anyone know what the sound format will be? the 2.0 mix on s1 drives me crazy. what were they thinking....

[edit] technically i guess it's a surround mix, but no center channel is distracting.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
does anyone know what the sound format will be? the 2.0 mix on s1 drives me crazy. what were they thinking....

[edit] technically i guess it's a surround mix, but no center channel is distracting.
Wasn't it originally broadcast in surround? What's wrong with using the original sound?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think that's where i'm confused jeff.

according to the packaging it's only in dolby surround (which means i get no center channel), but when i watch it on tv i'm getting surround plus center. what gives?

btw - i'm sure i'm just doing something stupid. :b

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Most receivers decode dolby surround as having a center channel. Anythign that's the same in the L and R channels (and in-phase) goes to the C channel.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
maybe that's my problem.

i'm using the dvd player's onboard dd decoder to my receivers 5.1 inputs.

iirc, when i went to the dvd's setup, i was not given a chance to choose a different sound format - only different languages. i'm sure my dvd player is setup correctly cuz every other movie i watch sounds right.

i'm pretty ht savvy, but i'm just missing the boat here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks