What's new

Futurama Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joel C

Screenwriter
My season 2 Futurama set is in the mail. Anyone got it yet? How's the set look? $45 from AmazonUK seemed like a decent deal.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I've got it, but I'm not too happy with the picture quality on most episodes.
On the PC I can see a lot of weird artefects. I beleive they are called aliasing. is there any way I can attach screenshots to a message??
Then everyone could see it. In fact it's difficult to describe. when u have a sideways moving shot or explosions then u see a lot of horizontal lines throughout the picture.
Mabe I'm just sitting to close to the screen

James Reader

Screenwriter
As this is a TV sourced product, what you are seeing is the interlacing effect between the two fields. You will find this happens all the time when viewing TV product on a PC, and it will look normal on a TV. (Each field of a TV picture is made from alternate lines).

See if your PC Player will allow you to set the display to 'BOB' - although this will probably result in a odd, shimmering effect (mostly visible on diagonal lines)

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I checked it on a TV and it didn't look that bad. I was still looking for errors though. I'll give it a try with the PC grapghic on BOB, Powerdvd allows me to.
I'll let u know of the outcome, cheers:)

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Recieved my copy this morning and have sampled a few episodes. The video quality is about the same as the first season and is certainly better than episodes I've caught on TV.

TedT

Second Unit
Got mine on Saturday. Only saw one episode though. Looks great.

Two of my disks have weird lines on the disk (like scales). Hope it's not DVD rot or something like that! Anyways, those are the disks I'll be watching first to make sure they are ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks