What's new

Futurama returning?!?! (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone know if the new season is for 13 episodes or the 26 that Comedy Central ordered?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, tonight's the night. I'm hoping this becomes the one revival that bucks the trend of other series revivals being woefully inferior to the originals.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping this becomes the one revival that bucks the trend of other series revivals being woefully inferior to the originals.

The first two episodes (the ones they are showing tonight) leaked a few days ago. Word is that they do not dissapoint. And it's not like they've been out of the game for all these years, there were the 4 DTV movies.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
The first episode was a bit weak, but that was to be expected. It was a series relaunch, and they had to tie up a few loose ends.

The second episode was typical Futurama. Full of innuendos, double-entendres, partial nudity, cultural references, and a ludicrous storyline. Yep! They're back all right!

It looks like Leela and Fry will finally hook up, but it might be treated as a "fait accomplit" instead of being drawn out endlessly throughout the series. If they do that, I'll be happy since that means the writing team can concentrate on creating even more ludicrous episodes instead of rehashing the same running gags over and over again.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I loved a couple of the Docs lines - like the Blade Runner joke and having hope, no, not really.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

You can catch the repeats.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_schedule/index.jhtml?seriesId=23961&forever=please

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the pointer, but I don't have cable, so I have to catch it online (e.g. Hulu) or wait for DVD release :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
First episode was good. 2nd one was definitely classic Futurama. I'm glad it's back.

My daughter was a bit upset by the commercials. She'd never seen the show other than on DVD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought the first two were terrific. The logic of the first one confused me a bit but it was still enjoyable. The second one was even better, and Zapp Brannigan is always welcome in this show.

Here's to another 10 seasons!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by TonyD
What Logic?

And, your applying logic to this show?
Like every show, it has its own standards of what can and cannot occur within the context of the series.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sure, but what logic was Sam and Joe referring to specificaly, i didn't see any logic problems.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
If Sam and I were referring to the same thing, just being able to follow what actually happened with Fry and Leela as explained at the end. It was a little hard to follow the first time though because it's conveyed so quickly.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by nolesrule
If Sam and I were referring to the same thing, just being able to follow what actually happened with Fry and Leela as explained at the end. It was a little hard to follow the first time though because it's conveyed so quickly.
Exactly. I was also trying to say that the flashbacks and "present" got a bit jumbled for me. Maybe they should use the "flashback music cue" from Lost. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks