Futurama: Go ahead and buy R2(/R4) or wait

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I love this show and I've only seen like 2 episodes. Stupid football preempts it every Sunday. Anyway, I want to keep this show forever so should I go ahead and shell out the bucks for overseas shipping or be paitent and wait for the R1 release that may never come. And if I do buy it overseas, which e-tailer should I get it from? Someone on this site once said that the R4 was a better deal. Anyone know a good R4 e-tailer?

~Kevin

2. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Well, I'd say buy it (I did, from amazon.uk, both seasons together will run your around $90), provided you have the capability to play it. The packaging is gorgeous and the extras are pretty decent. I'm sure the eventual US releases will be identical, and the price difference isn't that severe, probably $15 more per season or so.

And remember, by the time season one comes out here, all the seasons will likely be out in R2. But I said the same thing about Angel and it was announced about 4 months after I got the discs, so what do I know?

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I'm going to wait for a Region 1 release. I don't have the cash or energy to buy a region-free player just for one title. Plus, a PAL-to-NTSC conversion would not get rid of the 4% speed-up.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Actually, one of the computer DVD programs, WinDVD I think has a PAL speedup compenation routine. I haven't tried it tho

Since Futurama is in syndication now, I won't be shocked at DVDs next year

5. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

"...3.15.2003" Paitence pays. [​IMG]