What's new

Futurama for Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
anyone have any more information on this game?

Just got season 1 on DVD and am interestingly awaiting this game. If it's as fun as the first Simpsons Arcade game, I'm all for it. Too bad they never made a true sequal to that game...

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I've seen some screen shots and it looks like it's a cell-shaded 3d platformer. No idea if it'll be any good or not though. It looks cool but who knows how it'll play.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yup, it's a 3-D platformer, but it was written by the team that writes the show and the voice acting is from the original cast.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this was originally announced for PS2, or is it multiplatform?

Either way, I'd love a good Futurama game.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Here's some recent info for the Xbox version which I would assume would be the same as the GC.

1) ALL the original voice cast are being used

2) Original script writers wrote it and are saying it is the Futurama lost episode

3) Some new stuff from the Futurama universe will be in there.

4) It will release in Europe June/July.

5) The games cut scenes have had their resolution doubled from the trailer recently released and according to UK mags it is full broadcast quality.

6) The CGI cutscenes all add up to a FULL 25 minute unseen futurama episode that can be played in its entirety when the game is finished.

7) All UK mags that have done articles on it which is most of em, the game is the funniest game to be released ever. The humor is spot on and just like the program itself.

The part that gets me is the full episode strung throughout. That seems to be a pretty sweet item all in itself. Couldn't find the US release date.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The fact that it's cel-shaded means it could end up looking like a real episode if done right. The whole idea is pretty cool.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I was just reading up on this game so I popped in to see if there was a thread started. Video Games + Futurama = happy geeks. ;)

I don't know if this is 'new' news but you can download the trailer for the game here.

IGN did a cool article on the PS2 version and the game sounds pretty promising. Here's a different review with lots of screenshots.

I love a 'simple' platform game and all that, but I was hoping for a multi-mission RPG kinda thing. :)

Still no set U.S. release date (none that I could locate anyway) but the trailer mentions "summer", so...

Good news everyone!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Played it at E3 and it definately holds true to the series. Love the comedy throughout and the game itself plays pretty smooth. BTW, I was checking the Xbox version. Gotta love being able to walk into a suicide booth and killing yourself. :D

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Just read this disappointing review for the PS2 version, though I'm sure it'll apply to the XB and GC versions as well:

Futurama Review

I had high hopes for this one. Any chance of them fixing some of the problems before a US release?

Still anxious to hear some more reviews and I'll still be tempted to buy it for the "lost episode" aspect, albeit at a bargain price.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
No I wasn't joking. Look for it at Ebgames.com or Gamestop.com They only show it for PS2 and XBox now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks