What's new

Futurama axed? (1 Viewer)

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
First 'Family Guy' then 'Futurama'. It's just not fair!

I really hope some other network with some common sense realizes what a great oppurtunity they have to pick up an awesome show.

Heres hoping anyway.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Surprising news, although I guess it shouldn't be considering how Fox never seemed to give it a consistent time slot or had it get wiped out by football.

Maybe this will at least speed up the DVD releases.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Whenever something like this happens, someone comes up with an on-line petition.

Have they ever actually worked?

Studios ignore such things because they feel it takes no effort to "sign" them, and they're right.

The only thing a fan can do to help a show is to write letters via snail mail to the right person at the studio. Even this almost never works. It might do something if they are on the fence about deciding whether or not to renew it. With Futurama, it looks like they've already made up their minds, so there's nothing you can do about it.

Though I don't like the show as much (some funny moments here and there), it is unfair that they scheduled it a 7:00 on Sundays during football season. Duh, no wonder it failed.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Let me just say that it was not I who came up with the petition, I got it from gotfuturama.com and they also suggested snail mail, of which I will be taking advantage.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
While Futurama is a great show, I'm surprised that it survived past the first season the way Fox treated it. A terrible time-slot, constant pre-emption and a complete lack of promotion would starve any show to death. If I didn't have Tivo, I never would have caught any new episodes.

Fortunately, they are going to replace it with a new Fox reality show - 'World's Dumbest Network Executives'.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
It's a conspiracy I tell you. The networks cancel shows and then the post office makes millions of dollars in postage due to the letter writing campaign. Maybe the networks get a percentage of all revenue from these letters that are mailed. Maybe we should just deliver our money to them in person and cut out the middle-man:D :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
FYI, this thread is now the result of merging two together. So continue with your tirades, people. :)

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
signed the petition. nearly 30,000 sigs now I think. What makes a "good" amount for a petition these days? there's one every other week :)

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Groening should tell Fox to kiss his ass and take Futurama and the Simpsons elsewhere. Plus, how can a show get an audience when it is never on because of late running football. It is because fox is having problems making money from all the sports it airs. Whoever the program manage for FOx has no clue.

BTW

30586 Signatures Total

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think this sucks. Once again, a rare show with some smarts and creativity gets canned.

FOX never really supported this show IMHO

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Fox just canceled the only two shows I watch on their network. That just leaves the WWF as the only show I'll watch on TV. What a bummer.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Worst. Timeslot. Ever.

Why good shows like this get poor support from a network with little to no advertising, bad, unstable or ever changing timeslots while crap shows get the juicy positions only to be replaced by repeats of successful shows (AKA 8:30 Tursday on NBC), I'll never know.

Futurama should have always been after the Simpsons, and never moved. Malcom can survive on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Blu

Screenwriter
That is weird since just this week I read in the USA Today that Futurama was one of the shows that Fox is going to retain. This was in the Save Our Shows portion of the USA Today.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Blu,

They're retaining it because they have enough eps in the can for about 2 years of new episodes. Thank you NFL! *sarc*

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I don't beleive this series was ever treated fairly. I hope to enjoy it on DVD. You'd think with all Groening provided Fox with "The Simpsons" that they could have given Futurama a bit more TLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks