Futurama and King of the Hill disk to rebuy?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sean D., Feb 23, 2006.

1. Sean D.

Sean D. Agent

In my Futurama volume 4 and King of the Hill season 5 they each have a defective disk. I bought both of these from Amazon about 2 months ago, and I think it is too late to replace them. Does anyone know of a site that would be selling just the disk from each set for only a couple of dollars, I really would not want to have to rebuy them for just a few episodes.

thanks in advance

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Probably your best bet is to contact Fox's consumer hotline and see if they can send you replacement discs.

3. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

I second what Travis said. If there were a place to buy individual discs for a couple of dollars, I'd just buy each disc individually rather than buy the actual set.

Jimmy!

4. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

I'm not sure if this works, but I think it will. Go to Best Buy or Circuit City, say you bought it there several months ago, just got around to watching them, and found the defective discs. You shouldn't need a receipt. They will usually just replace it for the same title. So you'd get a whole new set, not just the individual discs. It's worth a try.

All they do is return them to Fox anyways, I think?

5. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

When I originally bought a Futurama set from Amazon, it was exactly 1.5 months later when I realized that one of the discs was a double. I contacted Amazon and they let me return it (using a prepaid mailing label that I printed out) and they sent me a new one.

Definitely try this route first.