What's new

Futurama - 03/02/03 (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Roger_C wrote (post #1):

Yes, but I'd say only a pretty good episode, by Futurama standards.

The two real gems of this episode ("Less Than Hero") are

(a) The Fox Network in-joke when the Zookeeper, who tries to steal the Gemerald, says "Animals, attack!"

(Also, the Zookeeper, to me, looks suspiciously like Dr. Marvin Monroe, the "pop-psychologist" from the early years of the Simpsons.)

(b) Leela (Clobberella) tells Frye (Captain Yesterday) that they should keep their real identities secret from the public to avoid liability suits for all the "collateral damage" they do in defending justice.

Other goodies:

---Without the FlimFlamMan cream the heroes become "superpowerly challenged".

---Bender pondering whether to change his superhero moniker to "El Zilcho".

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Adam Lenhardt wrote (post #2):

And therein is encapsulated the problem from the beginning in a nutshell.

By the way, it's seems unclear that all the remaining episodes will be shown this season, and that would leave up to five or so remaining for next(?) or for never(?) ("DVD-only"?)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Boy I love FOX's marketing of this show. I figured that there'd be an hour of King of the Hill from now on so I stopped checking to see whether they'd show anymore Futurama.
DAMN YOU FOX FOR SINKING ONE OF THE BEST ANIMATED SHOWS OF ALL TIME :angry:

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't know it was on either. I forgot to check. I found out about 7:25!! Luckily I found a west coast feed and saw it at 8.

And yes, maybe is was only GOOD by Futurama standands; but a good Futurama is better than most anything else on! :emoji_thumbsup:

MarcVH

Second Unit
Huh. I thought the best part was the supercollider the bought from pi-kea. "Enjoy your affordable Svedish crap!"

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Was it just me, or did this play largely like an episdode of Freakazoid, complete with musical interlude.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
heh on tonights rerun on cartoon net. they said "all your base are belong to us"

it was the what if ep when frye wondered what if life was like a video game. and he had to play space invaders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks