Fuse for CSW BassCube8s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianSmithe, May 27, 2002.

1. BrianSmithe

BrianSmithe Agent

Well, we had a nasty lighting storm today and my sub no longer turns on. It was in a surge protector but i guess it fried. I took out the fuse and it was partially black, so I think that's the culpret. I got the fuse specs from the manual:
    1A
    250V

What do I ask for when I goto radio shack? Like what type of fuse is it? I'm new to all this so maybe a link to a site that shows the product I need would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

2. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Assuming it's fast-acting (a really thin wire) go here, If it's slow blow (large wire), just click Fuses at the top of the frame and then navigate to the slow-blow section.
    Hope that helps.
    Sean

3. BrianSmithe

BrianSmithe Agent

very much so, thanks a lot [​IMG] I'll have to pick that up today and hopefully it'll fix the prob!

4. BrianSmithe

BrianSmithe Agent

I forgot to look this morning on my sub to see if the fuse is a fast acting or a slow-blow, does anyone have a CSW Basscube 8s and know which type of fuse it uses??

5. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

I think they are usually slow, but it wont hurt to put a fast one in there...it just might blow occasionally and you'll have to replace it again [​IMG]
    Sean

6. BrianSmithe

BrianSmithe Agent

do you know what size they are?? I bought a 1 1/4 x 1/4 and it was too big [​IMG]

7. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Can you bring your blown one to Radio Shack? Sorry, I don't have any here to look at...

Sean

8. BrianSmithe

BrianSmithe Agent

I guess I'll do that. I also called CSW and they told me just to bring the sub in. So I'll see what happens, althought bringing the fuse to Radio SHack might be the easiest way!