Furniture

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by John Alvarez, Nov 1, 2004.

1. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I know it's supposed to be cheaper to go to the manufacturer. Does anyone know a place in the South East to go to? I have heard N.C. or Ga. but where at?

2. Jim Sentry

Jim Sentry Stunt Coordinator

If you go to NC, go to Furntureland South. But only to look at their offerings and pricing.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AS THEIR SERVICE AND FOLLOW THRU SUCKS!!!

3. Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski Supporting Actor

High Point, North Carolina is a good place to go. Like Jim said, check out Furnitureland South on the way, but do not buy anything there. There are plenty of places in the downtown area. I have purchased things from the Wood-Armfield store there and have had no problems.

4. John Alvarez

Is furnitureland south in High Point? How about Thomasville Ga.?

5. Marc_Sulinski

I am not sure if Furnitureland South is actually in High Point, but it is very close to it to the north. From what I understand, it is the largest furniture showroom in the world.

6. John Alvarez

I see Thomasville N.C. is near High Point. Is that where they make Thomasville furniture or is the one in Ga.?

7. shaniceMW

shaniceMW Stunt Coordinator

does anyone know where "Storehouse" gets their furniture? Was in the Bahamas and saw the cutest chairs that i saw in Storehouse and i asked the lady if they ship to the US and she said no. They get their furniture in North Carolina. and i was like dang where. and she would not tell me. but i SWEAR it's the same stuff in StoreHouse furniture.

8. Marc_Sulinski

I believe that Thomasville makes their furniture in Thomasville, NC. I don't know if you can buy it from them at their location, thought.

The thing about Thomsville is that they have minimum allowed prices, so, even at the discount places in High Point, you will not be able to get Thomasville at a discount. It will be the same price as in any showroom. Some places will give you free shipping if you buy furniture that they cannot discount.