Furman line conditioners?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tom_furman, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

never tried it...do you have a particular problem that you're trying to correct at home? perhaps you'd be better served with having a dedicated line run to your HT setup.

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i've heard of line conditioners, but what exactly do they do? (i'm trying to rack up some basic HT knowledge)
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    Click here to visit my webpage.

3. Steve Schick

Steve Schick Stunt Coordinator

Tom,
    First, the two screw holes thing is for rack mounting.
    Second, In My Opinion, for that price (actually cheaper)I'd find a Monster HTS2000 or 1000 that has gotten good reviews.
    ------------------
    You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.
    My DVD Profiler Collection

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

5. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

Furman makes great stuff. We use their power conditioners/rack lights in remote racks for power distribution and lighting. They are available with pull out incandescent lamps and a dimmer to adjust brightness.
    I also suggest you check out the Samson line, though. I am working on my theater in the basement, and just completed my in-wall rack for the audio equipment. The holes on the side of the Furman are for mounting in rack rails. They are spaced 19 1/8", center to center of the screw holes. I used two 21 space rails and framed them in the wall, then put the equipment on rack mount shelves. For power distribution and equipment lighting while loading/changing discs, tapes, etc., I bought a Samson PowerBrite Pro:
    http://www.samsontech.com/audio/powerbritepro.html
    and have it mounted at the top of the rack. The flourescent light runs very cool, compared to the Furman incandescent. It even has a gooseneck light for the rear to see the outlets and equipment connections. The backlit customizable logo is pretty cool, too. It also displays line voltage and current used.
    The Samson is also cheaper than the Furman. I got mine locally from Chuck Levins in Wheaton, MD.
    ------------------
    Jeff Loughridge
    Director of Engineering
    WPGC/WHFS
    Infinity Broadcasting Corp
    [email protected]
    [Edited last by Jeff Loughridge on August 10, 2001 at 10:14 AM]

6. tom_furman

tom_furman Stunt Coordinator

i just wanted to know because my last name is furman [​IMG]
    and sorry but i rarely use the shift key for caps unless i'm tying out a paper! saves time...so tough cookies [​IMG]